新东方网>英语>英语学习>英语阅读>双语新闻>心理趣闻>正文

心理趣闻:原来高个子女孩也有烦恼(双语)

2015-07-03 11:17

来源:英语点津

作者:

  Being a tall girl has its difficult moments. Between being gawkedat in public and struggling to find the perfect pair of jeans, tallpeople have a special set of grievances.

  高个女孩儿有她们的难处。在公共场合被人傻傻盯着,想找到一条合身的牛仔裤比登天还难,这种苦只有她们自己才懂。

  Let's start with the top 20:

  我们来看看高个女孩儿最常见的20个烦恼:

  1. That whole "fingertip length" rule in grade school was your worst nightmare.

  小学时的指尖规则(指女孩子穿裙子/短裤时,裙子的长度要正好和手臂下垂时手指尖所在的腿部位置齐平或更长)是你一生的噩梦。

  2. Pants are never long enough, so you have to shop at specialty stores.

  裤子总是不够长,专卖店是你唯一的选择。

  3. You were the tallest person in your grade until at least sophomore year of high school.

  小学时你永远都是学校里的擎天柱,直到差不多高二,形势才可能有改观。

  4. Parents and friends always said you'd "find someone your height in college."

  父母和朋友总会对你说:“到了大学你就会找到和你一样高的人了。”

  5. You still dream of marrying a basketball player or rando giant.

  你还不死心,希望嫁给一个篮球运动员或者随便一个巨人。

  6. Occasionally, doorways present a very real threat to your forehead.

  你的额头偶尔会狠狠地撞到门框。

  7. You inadvertently look over bathroom stall walls because they're shorter than you.

  洗澡时,你总能放眼整个浴室,因为浴室隔间的墙没有你高。

  8. Long limbs make you look clumsier than you really are.

  手长腿长让你看起来更加笨拙。

  9. When you trip and fall, it really is a long way down.

  跌一跤还要花很长时间才落地。

  10. People ALWAYS assume you played basketball or volleyball.

  别人总觉得你会打篮球或是排球。

  11. You visibly cringe every time you're asked, "How's the weather up there?"

  每次被问到:“上面的空气怎么样?”,都很尴尬。

  12. Grown men and women, as well as little kids, actually point and stare.

  男女老少都会对你指指点点,盯着你看。

  13. Finding someone to dance with is always hard.

  要想找个人做舞伴真是难乎其难。

  14. You can't wear heels without everyone you know commenting on it.

  一穿高跟鞋就被周围的人评头论足。

  15. You know your future daughter will also hate you when she's 6 feet tall in middle school.

  你知道,将来你的女儿在中学就飙到6英尺高时会恨你。

  16. Shirt sizes -- S, M, L or XL -- mean nothing to you because they're all too short.

  衣服尺寸-小码,中码,大码,加大码——对你来说这些都是浮云,因为它们对你而言都太短了。

  17. Shaving your legs is not only a feat of strength and balance -- it's a true test of perseverance.

  刮腿毛并不仅仅只是力气和平衡感的问题——这是对你毅力的真正考验。

  18. Being a gymnast or ballerina was just NOT in your future.

  你的未来与“体操运动员”和“芭蕾舞演员”永远都沾不上边。

  19. People loudly complain when you stand in front of them at concerts.

  听音乐会坐在前排时,你总能听见后面一大群人在大声抱怨。

  20. Doing pushups, lunges, benching and squatting are way harder for you. It's just SO FARDOWN, people.

  做俯卧撑、弓步、弯腰和下蹲对你而言更加困难,因为离地太远了。

  Regardless, everyone knows the truth. Tall girls ROCK.

  不管如何,人人都知道,高个女孩儿都棒极了。

  更多精彩内容 >> 新东方网英语频道 

  全国新东方英语课程搜索


(责任编辑:何莹莹)



版权及免责声明

凡本网注明"稿件来源:新东方"的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件,版权均属新东方教育科技集团(含本网和新东方网) 所有,任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他任何方式复制、发表。已经本网协议授权的媒体、网站,在下载使用时必须注明"稿件来源:新东方",违者本网将依法追究法律责任。

本网未注明"稿件来源:新东方"的文/图等稿件均为转载稿,本网转载仅基于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味着赞同转载稿的观点或证实其内容的真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人从本网下载使用,必须保留本网注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。如擅自篡改为"稿件来源:新东方",本网将依法追究法律责任。

如本网转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者见稿后在两周内速来电与新东方网联系,电话:010-60908555。

热搜关键词