新东方网>英语>英语学习>英语阅读>双语新闻>生活百科>正文

涨知识:18个美容行业不希望你知道的秘密

2018-07-02 10:42

来源:沪江

作者:

  You may be inhaling toxic chemicals into your lungs and bloodstream. The FDA is studying the risks, but in the meantime, be sure to spray an aerosol into your hands first and then apply.

  你可能会将有毒化学物质吸入肺部和血液中。美国食品和药物管理局正在研究其风险,但同时,请务必先将喷雾喷到手中,然后再涂抹。

  Spend some bucks on your tools.

  在你的美妆工具上做些投资。

  Good brushes help you apply makeup evenly and blend it in so you look more natural. Even the best makeup won’t look as good if you put it on with mediocre brushes.

  好的刷具可以帮你均匀地将化妆品涂抹开并将其晕染开,让你的妆容看起来更加自然。如果使用普通的刷具上妆,即使是用的是最好的化妆品,最终效果看起来也不会太好。

  If your mascara is drying up and you’re in a pinch…

  如果你的睫毛膏正在慢慢变干,而你急着使用......

  …a couple of drops of saline solution can make it last a few more days.

  ...几滴盐水溶液可以使它再坚持几天。

  Never wash your face with just plain soap.

  永远不要只用普通肥皂洗脸。

  Made from animal fat and salt compounds, it strips your skin of its natural oils and proteins. Use a non-soap cleanser instead.

  普通肥皂由动物脂肪和盐化合物制成,它会带走你的皮肤上的天然油脂和蛋白质。你可以改用非肥皂的洗面奶。

  If you think everything that’s natural and plant-based is safe, think again.

  如果你认为一切纯天然和以植物为基础的美妆产品都是健康无害的,那么请你再好好想一想。

  Poison ivy is natural. And like poison ivy, plenty of natural ingredients have compounds that can irritate your skin.

  毒藤也是纯天然的。像毒藤一样,拥有大量纯天然成分的美妆产品也含有会刺激皮肤的化合物。

  “Unscented” is not the same thing as “fragrance-free.”

  “无味”与“无香精”不同。

  Unscented products have masking fragrances to cover the odor of other chemicals.

  无味产品其实具有掩盖其他化学品气味的香精。

  Here’s a trick to make you look fresh and awake:

  这是一个让你看起来充满精神有活力的技巧:

  Instead of using liner underneath your eyes, line the upper inner rims (waterlines) of your eyes with a dark waterproof color.

  不要在眼睛下方画上眼线,而应当使用黑色防水眼妆产品在眼睛上部内缘(内眼线)画上眼线。

  Cover problem spots with concealer, not foundation .

  用遮瑕膏而不是粉底去遮盖瑕疵部位。

  If you try to camouflage everything with foundation, it accentuates wrinkles and doesn’t look natural. With foundation, less is always more.

  如果你试图用粉底来遮盖脸上所有瑕疵,只会让你的皱纹更加突出并且使你看起来不太自然。涂上了粉底之后,一点点都会变得很多。

  Go gold for a more youthful look.

  要想一个更年轻的妆容,尝试金色。

  A little bit of gold in your foundation will neutralize redness and counteract the gray pallor that accompanies aging on all skin tones.

  在粉底中融入一点点金色可以消除脸部泛红问题,还能中和因皮肤老化而出现的泛灰肤色。

猜你喜欢

  • 听力
  • 口语
  • 阅读
  • 娱乐
  • 词汇
  • 写作

            版权及免责声明

            凡本网注明"稿件来源:新东方"的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件,版权均属新东方教育科技集团(含本网和新东方网) 所有,任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他任何方式复制、发表。已经本网协议授权的媒体、网站,在下载使用时必须注明"稿件来源:新东方",违者本网将依法追究法律责任。

            本网未注明"稿件来源:新东方"的文/图等稿件均为转载稿,本网转载仅基于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味着赞同转载稿的观点或证实其内容的真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人从本网下载使用,必须保留本网注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。如擅自篡改为"稿件来源:新东方",本网将依法追究法律责任。

            如本网转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者见稿后在两周内速来电与新东方网联系,电话:010-60908555。

            热搜关键词