新东方网>英语>英语学习>语法词汇>词汇指导>正文

8个和肢体有关的英语俚语,old hand能直接翻译老手?

2019-09-18 11:30

来源:互联网

作者:

  4. Long arm of the law

  4.严格的法律

  the far-reaching power of the authorities; the police, the law

  当局的深远权力;警察,法律

  Stop this dirty business, the long arm of the law will reach you some day.

  停止这肮脏的交易,法律的长臂总有一天会到达你的。

  He tried to live on shoplifting, but long arm of the law caught him in a week.

  他试图靠在商店行窃为生,但法律的严厉制裁使他在一周内被捕。

  5. Old hand

  5.老手

  a person with a lot of experience in something

  有丰富经验的人

  Our boss is an old hand in the car business, you can’t cheat him with this broken engine.

  我们老板是汽车行业的老手,你不能用这台坏发动机欺骗他。

  The new chef was an old hand at making Italian dishes.

  新来的厨师是做意大利菜的老手。

  6. Sweet tooth

  6.甜食控

  a great liking for sweet-tasting food, a weakness for sweets; someone with a liking for sweets

  非常喜欢吃甜食,对甜食有好感;对甜食有好感的人

  She has a sweet tooth, but as she’s rather fat, she must resist eating chocolate too often.

  她爱吃甜食,但由于她很胖,她必须抵制吃巧克力太多。

  I’m a sweet tooth, I couldn’t help eating all the remains of my birthday cake after the party.

  我是个甜食控,派对结束后,我忍不住把生日蛋糕的剩余部分都吃光了。

  7. Elbow room

  7.足够的空间

  enough space to move or work in; freedom to do what you like

  足够的活动或工作的空间;做你喜欢的事的自由

  There’s so little elbow room in our office that you must stand up from your desk if somebody wants to go out.

  我们办公室的肘部空间太小了,如果有人想出去,你必须从办公桌上站起来。

  The agents were given as much elbow room as they needed to increase the sales.

  代理商得到了他们所需的足够多的空间来增加销售量。

  8. Eye-catching

  tending to attract attention, visually attractive, striking

  容易引起注意的,视觉上有吸引力的,引人注目的

  There were lots of eye-catching posters at the entrance of the cinema.

  电影院入口处有许多引人注目的海报。

  Her dress was so eye-catching that we couldn’t do anything but stare at her for minutes.

  她的衣服很抢眼,我们只能盯着她看几分钟。

  I’m looking forward to hearing from you! Let me know if this lesson was useful!

  我期待你的消息!如果这节课有用,请告诉我!

版权及免责声明

凡本网注明"稿件来源:新东方"的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件,版权均属新东方教育科技集团(含本网和新东方网) 所有,任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他任何方式复制、发表。已经本网协议授权的媒体、网站,在下载使用时必须注明"稿件来源:新东方",违者本网将依法追究法律责任。

本网未注明"稿件来源:新东方"的文/图等稿件均为转载稿,本网转载仅基于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味着赞同转载稿的观点或证实其内容的真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人从本网下载使用,必须保留本网注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。如擅自篡改为"稿件来源:新东方",本网将依法追究法律责任。

如本网转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者见稿后在两周内速来电与新东方网联系,电话:010-60908555。

热搜关键词