新东方网>英语>英语学习>语法词汇>词汇指导>正文

英语俚语:kick off真的是“踢”的意思吗?

2019-09-11 16:36

来源:沪江

作者:

  Jump the gun

  抢跑

  to do something too soon, especially without thinking about it carefully

  做事太快,尤其是不仔细考虑

  We still have some costs to factor in and I don’t want to jump the gun. (Track and Field)

  我们还有一些成本要考虑,我不想草率决定。(田径)

  In pole position

  跑道内圈的位置

  to be in the best possible position

  处于有利地位

  We are in pole position to win the contract. (Motor Racing)

  我们在赢得合同方面处于有利地位。(赛车)

  NECK AND NECK (english phrase)

  并驾齐驱

  to have the same chance of winning as someone else

  有与别人一样的获胜机会

  We are neck and neck with our competitors, so we really need to work hard to maintain our market share. (Horse Racing)

  我们与我们的竞争对手并驾齐驱,所以我们真的需要努力保持我们的市场份额。(赛马)

  The ball in our court

  我们场上的球

  to be in a position to make the next step

  处在推动下一步的位置上

  We have done what we can, the ball is in your court now. (Tennis)

  我们已经尽力了,现在该你们来推动下一步如何走下去了。(网球)

  Take our eye off the ball

  将视线从球上离开

  to make a mistake, especially by doing something carelessly

  犯错误,尤指粗心地做某事

  We really cannot take our eye off the ball with this deal as it will be a real winner for us. (Football)

  对于这笔交易,我们真的不能掉以轻心,因为我们很可能会是赢家。(足球)

  A great way for you to familiarise yourself with sports idioms is to check out the70 Remarkable Sports Idioms You Can Use In Business And Daily Life.

  一个让你熟悉体育习语的好方法是看看你可以在商业和日常生活中使用的70个著名的体育习语。

  Try and find different ways it is used in a business context. You may find these in advertisements, articles or hear them. Decide which one you find most interesting and try to use them in a similar situation with English speakers.

  尝试在业务环境中找到不同的使用方法。你可以在广告、文章中找到或听到它们。决定哪一个你觉得最有趣,并试着在一个类似的情况下与英语为母语的人使用它们。

  This is just a taster of the sports idioms there are in the English Language. Do you know others? Do you know how and when to use them? Do share them with us. And if you think that your friends and colleague could benefit from these expressions, please share this blog post with them.

  这只是一个品尝英语中体育习语的人。你认识其他人吗?你知道如何以及何时使用它们吗?一定要和我们分享。如果你认为你的朋友和同事可以从这些表达中获益,请与他们分享这篇博文。

猜你喜欢

  • 听力
  • 口语
  • 阅读
  • 娱乐
  • 词汇
  • 写作

            版权及免责声明

            凡本网注明"稿件来源:新东方"的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件,版权均属新东方教育科技集团(含本网和新东方网) 所有,任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他任何方式复制、发表。已经本网协议授权的媒体、网站,在下载使用时必须注明"稿件来源:新东方",违者本网将依法追究法律责任。

            本网未注明"稿件来源:新东方"的文/图等稿件均为转载稿,本网转载仅基于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味着赞同转载稿的观点或证实其内容的真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人从本网下载使用,必须保留本网注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。如擅自篡改为"稿件来源:新东方",本网将依法追究法律责任。

            如本网转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者见稿后在两周内速来电与新东方网联系,电话:010-60908555。

            热搜关键词