新东方网>英语>英语学习>语法词汇>词汇指导>正文

英语俚语:kick off真的是“踢”的意思吗?

2019-09-11 16:36

来源:沪江

作者:

  When doing business with Native Speakers of English you will hear a lot of metaphors and idiomatic expressions used. They can relate to all sorts of areas like war, fire, health.

  当和母语为英语的人做生意时,你会听到他们使用很多隐喻和惯用用语。它们可以涉及到战争、火灾、健康等各种领域。

  One of the biggest areas is sports. If you want to use these Business English phrases like a native speaker, it would be useful to have an understanding of what they are and what they mean.

  体育是这些隐喻和惯用语涉及最大的领域之一。如果你想像本地人一样使用商务英语短语,了解有哪些短语和它们的意思是非常有用的。

  By the way, using phrases will help you to speak English fluently.

  顺便说一下,这些短语可以使你的英语更加流利。

  In this blog post, I’d like to explore the strong relationship that exists between sports and business. If you look at the qualities that sports and business share, you’ll begin to see why Business English has so many sporting metaphors.

  在这篇博文中,我想探讨体育与商业之间的紧密关系。如果你看看体育和商业之间的共同点,你就会明白为什么商业英语有这么多的体育隐喻。

  Kick off

  开始

  to start

  开始

  Good Morning everyone. Shall we kick off the meeting then? (Football)

  大家早上好。那么我们开始开会好吗?(足球)

  ON TARGET (english phrase)

  瞄准目标

  making good progress and likely to achieve what has been planned

  取得很好的进展并有可能实现计划中的目标

  It looks like we are pretty much on target with this project. (Archery)

  看来我们在这个项目上的目标是有可能实现的。(射箭)

  Up to scratch

  达到标准

  to be of a good standard

  达到很棒的标准

  I know we have a great team whose work is really up to scratch. (Track and Field)

  我知道我们有一个很棒的团队,他们的工作真的很出色。(田径)

  Know the ropes

  知晓内情

  to be able to do something well

  能够做好某事

  Our new Sales Director has a lot of experience and really knows all the ropes. (Sailing)

  我们的新销售主任经验丰富,而且懂得一切诀窍。(帆船)

  Ballpark figure

  大概的数字

  a rough estimate

  粗略的估计

  Can you give me a ballpark figure on the total sales costs? (Baseball)

  你能给我一个大概的总销售成本数吗?(棒球)

版权及免责声明

凡本网注明"稿件来源:新东方"的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件,版权均属新东方教育科技集团(含本网和新东方网) 所有,任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他任何方式复制、发表。已经本网协议授权的媒体、网站,在下载使用时必须注明"稿件来源:新东方",违者本网将依法追究法律责任。

本网未注明"稿件来源:新东方"的文/图等稿件均为转载稿,本网转载仅基于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味着赞同转载稿的观点或证实其内容的真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人从本网下载使用,必须保留本网注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。如擅自篡改为"稿件来源:新东方",本网将依法追究法律责任。

如本网转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者见稿后在两周内速来电与新东方网联系,电话:010-60908555。

热搜关键词