新东方网>英语>英语学习>英语阅读>双语新闻>生活百科>正文

研究显示女性每天至少“嫌弃”自己8次 是真的吗?

2016-02-02 14:44

来源:网络

作者:

  也许你每天面对周围的人未免会有些许的不满,但你知道女性每天至少“嫌弃”自己8次吗?不信?来看看这份研究调查。

  The average woman criticises herself at least eight times a day, astudy has found.

  研究显示,普通女性每天至少会“嫌弃”自己八次。

  A worrying trend of negativity among women was revealed by a survey of 2,000 women - withone in seven women admitting to criticising themselves regularly throughout their day.

  这项由2000名女性参加的调查显示出女性群体令人担忧的消极自我认知:七分之一的女性承认自己每天都会时不时地“嫌弃”自己。

  Most of those surveyed wanted to lose weight, and image-based criticisms were by far the mostprevalent.

  大部分受访女性表示想要减肥——就目前看来,针对个人形象的“自我嫌弃”是最普遍的。

  Not earning enough money and deliberately deflecting compliments were other common put-downs.

  “嫌自己赚钱不多”以及“有意曲解他人的称赞”是其他几个常见的自我贬低方式。

  Selfies and social media platforms such as Instagram were blamed as being a driving force behindtoday's visual culture.

  自拍和诸如Instagram等社交媒体平台被认为是当今“看脸”文化的始作俑者。

  Women are bombarded with images of perfection while at the same time expected to balance bothworking lives and family lives, which experts concluded led to women's critical relationships withthemselves.

  女性不断受到完美女人形象的视觉轰炸,并同时承受着平衡好工作和家庭的期待。专家们认为:正是这些现实因素导致了女性对自身的不满。

  Lifestyle judgements were also found to be prevalent, including not earning enough money orhaving the 'right' job.

  同样普遍的是她们对自己生活方式的不满,比如收入不高,对目前工作不满意等等。

  'Today's hectic and visually-driven world has meant that we're seeing a rise in women being self-critical, from the way they look to the way they feel at work,' said Zoe Griffiths, Head of PublicHealth and Programme at Weight Watchers, which conducted the survey.

  国际减肥协会公共卫生和计划主管佐伊·格里菲斯是本次调查的负责人。她表示:“在这个快节奏的看脸的世界,无论是在外形长相上还是工作状态方面,越来越多的女性开始自我否定。”

  'Our research has shown that being unkind to ourselves has been an underlying theme for womenfor many years, but a set of very modern cultural conditions have increased the intensity of thisunkindness which are hard to avoid.

  “研究表明,女性更倾向于苛求自身,多年来这个问题一直存在。但当代文化现状导致这种无法避免的严苛进一步加深了。”

  'At Weight Watchers we know that to adopt a healthy lifestyle it is important to build a betterrelationship with yourself in order to make a positive change.'

  “通过国际减肥协会我们知道,为了实现健康的生活方式、达到积极的改变,我们应该与自身建立良好的关系。”

  The findings also showed that women begin berating themselves early in the day, with almost halfof those surveyed - 46 per cent - admitting to criticising themselves at least once before 9.30am.

  调查结果还显示,女性从早晨就开始了自我责备:近一半(46%)的调查对象承认,自己每天上午9点半前至少会自责一次。

  What's more, the study found that 42 per cent of women admitted to never complimentingthemselves, while the remainder gave themselves a positive thought or 'pat on the back' just oncea day.

  此外,研究发现42%的女性从未赞美过自己,而剩下58%的女性每天只会对自己赞扬或鼓励一次。

  The bursts of self-criticism are most common when looking in a mirror or out clothes shopping,with a concerning 60 per cent of women admitting to having days where they felt they criticisedthemselves constantly throughout the day.

  当她们照镜子或逛街买衣服时,“自我嫌弃”的情绪往往会达到峰值。60%的女性承认总会有那么几天,她们整天都觉得自己这也不对、那也不对。

  The research was conducted as part of WomanKind, a nationwide campaign that explores whymodern women are unkind to themselves and how they can counter the habit.

  该研究是“WomanKind”组织推出的系列活动的一部分。WomanKind旨在探索当代女性为何难以与自己“和解”,以及她们如何克服这一习惯性行为。

  THE 20 MOST COMMON WAYS THAT A WOMAN CRITICISES HERSELF

  女性“嫌弃”自己的20种常见方式

  1. You're too fat/overweight

  太胖了/超重了

  2. Your hair is a mess

  头发乱糟糟的

  3.Your belly looks big

  肚子上赘肉太多

  4. You don't do enough exercise

  运动不足

  5. Feeling scruffy next to other women

  在其他女人旁边感觉自己太邋遢了

  6. Not earning enough money

  收入不高

  7. You say you are having a 'fat day'

  一天都在懊恼自己太胖

  8. Not wearing certain items of clothing because you think you can't pull it off

  不敢穿某类衣服,觉得自己驾驭不了那种款式

  9. You wish you were as photogenic as other women on social media

  希望自己像社交媒体上的其他女性一样上相

  10. You deflect compliments by saying something negative about yourself

  受到称赞后故意说贬低自己的话来转移赞美

  11. You worry people are talking about you behind your back

  担心别人在背后议论自己

  12. Feeling underdressed

  感觉自己穿的太朴素

  13. I'm not stylish enough

  一点儿都不时尚

  14. You don't have sex with your partner enough

  和伴侣的性生活次数不够多

  15. You aren't as creative as other women

  不像其他女人那么有创意

  16. Your bum looks big

  屁股太大

  17. You aren't as organised as other women

  不像其他女人那样整理东西井井有条

  18. You don't spend as much time with your friends as you should

  跟闺蜜在一起的时间太少

  19. You're not wearing enough make-up

  妆容不够精致

  20. You aren't attractive to your partner

  对伴侣没有吸引力

(实习编辑:高奕飞)

猜你喜欢

  • 听力
  • 口语
  • 阅读
  • 娱乐
  • 词汇
  • 写作

            版权及免责声明

            凡本网注明"稿件来源:新东方"的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件,版权均属新东方教育科技集团(含本网和新东方网) 所有,任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他任何方式复制、发表。已经本网协议授权的媒体、网站,在下载使用时必须注明"稿件来源:新东方",违者本网将依法追究法律责任。

            本网未注明"稿件来源:新东方"的文/图等稿件均为转载稿,本网转载仅基于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味着赞同转载稿的观点或证实其内容的真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人从本网下载使用,必须保留本网注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。如擅自篡改为"稿件来源:新东方",本网将依法追究法律责任。

            如本网转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者见稿后在两周内速来电与新东方网联系,电话:010-60908555。

            热搜关键词