新东方网>英语>英语学习>英语阅读>英语美文>正文

美文欣赏:路坑与酸酸糖(双语)

2019-08-20 10:18

来源:互联网

作者:

  and needing replacing.

  需要替换

  Or, think how this tiny pothole saved you from another more serious pothole down the road,

  或者,想想看,或许这个小小的路坑让你免于掉进前面的另一个路坑,或者可能更加危险

  or see it as a challenge to be a crying shoulder for a friend

  或者,将此视为一种挑战,挑战你是否能成为供朋友哭泣的臂膀

  or a trusted listener to people's issues

  能否成为遇到麻烦的他人的忠实听众

  because you have survived these potholes .

  因为你是从路坑中走出来的幸存者

  It's all in the way you respond.

  关键就在于你应对的态度

  Now, I don't know about you

  现在,我可能不认识你

  but I think it takes some training and self discipline

  但我觉得,你可能需要长期的自我训练和自律

  to be able to smile

  才能微笑应对

  and skip away from a "flat tire by a pothole" kind of day,

  才能忘记这样“被一个路坑扎破轮胎”的日子

  but you can do it!

  但我相信你能做到!

  It's not easy everyday,

  想要每天如此并非易事

  and some potholes are bigger and deeper than others...

  有些路坑比你见过的更大,更深

  the days you want to kick and scream

  有些日子,你只想双脚乱踢,想要尖叫

  and cry and shake your fist at life and accuse it.

  想要痛苦,想要对生活挥舞你的拳头,想要诅咒生活

  The struggle is real, I know firsthand .

  我已经在你之前知晓,你会真切的感受到生活的折磨

  Suffering with my disease and illnesses,

  于自己的大病小病斗争

  I have no choice but to respond to those rough days,

  我不得不直面那些艰难的日子,除此别无选择

  the days you wish you could have a do over

  有些日子,你只想重新来过

  with a positive outlook

  带着更为积极的态度

  and remind yourself that it's a part of life.

  提醒自己,这只是生活的一部分

  And you know what is even better,

  你知道更好的是什么吗

  pushing through those seemingly impossible days,

  当你熬过那些看似无法熬过的艰难日子

  makes those "perfect" days all the more delicious...

  会让那些“完美”的日子更加美味

  it reminds me of sour ball candy.

  这让我想到了酸酸糖

  At first it's so sour

  一开始你只觉得太酸了

  and tingles your tongue

  你舌头打结

  and you pucker

  你龇牙咧嘴

  and struggle to keep it in your mouth,

  克制自己不把糖吐出去

  but if you push through for a few seconds,

  但如果你能坚持几秒钟

  you find yourself beginning to enjoy the second layer of the candy

  你会发现,自己已经开始品味这颗糖深层的滋味

  because it is sweet and tasty

  因为它十分甜美可口

  and brings pleasure to your taste buds

  让你的味蕾倍感愉悦

  and you realize that it was a great piece of candy after all.

  你最终意识到,说到底,这的确是一颗滋味绝赞的糖果!

版权及免责声明

凡本网注明"稿件来源:新东方"的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件,版权均属新东方教育科技集团(含本网和新东方网) 所有,任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他任何方式复制、发表。已经本网协议授权的媒体、网站,在下载使用时必须注明"稿件来源:新东方",违者本网将依法追究法律责任。

本网未注明"稿件来源:新东方"的文/图等稿件均为转载稿,本网转载仅基于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味着赞同转载稿的观点或证实其内容的真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人从本网下载使用,必须保留本网注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。如擅自篡改为"稿件来源:新东方",本网将依法追究法律责任。

如本网转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者见稿后在两周内速来电与新东方网联系,电话:010-60908555。

热搜关键词