新东方网>英语>英语学习>英语阅读>英语美文>正文

双语美文:不要太苛求自己

2018-11-23 11:16

来源:沪江

作者:

  Sometimes what everybody has been advocating is exactly what's bad for you.

  有时候人人都推崇的东西正是那些会害了你的东西。

  One of these thing is being overly harsh on yourself.

  其中一种就是对自己过于苛刻。

  We keep seeing it as a virtue.

  我们一直把它看成一种美德。

  But we keep silent whenever we see someone fail because of it.

  但每当我们看到有人因此而一败涂地,却保持沉默了。

  This may have something to do with our education system.

  这或许和我们的教育系统有关。

  In school, you have a clear goal to work for, your efforts have clear criteria, and the questions you encounter have standard answers.

  在学校里,你有明确的努力目标,而且你的努力有明确的评判标准,你遇到的问题都有标准答案。

  In such certain environment, any mistakes can be avoided, and such environment has spawned an unhealthy perfectionism.

  在这样一个无比确定的环境中,任何错误都是可以避免的,而这样的环境催生了一种不健康的完美主义。

  In the workplace, there are no standard solutions for many of the tasks you take over, therefore making mistakes is inevitable.

  在职场中,你接手的很多任务并没有标准的解决方案,犯错是不可避免的。

  People who are accustomed to perfectionism blame themselves too much for each mistake they make, and even feel discouraged, and this will not help them make progress.

  习惯了完美主义的人对每一个错误都表现得过分自责,甚至感到气馁,而这会让人裹足不前。

  What is really important is not the ability to avoid mistakes, but the ability to recognize the nature of the mistakes.

  真正重要的不是不犯错的能力,而是认清错误本质的能力。

  Do not treat every mistake as a shame. They are all important learning opportunities for you.

  不要把每一个错误当成一次耻辱,他们都是你重要的学习机会。

版权及免责声明

凡本网注明"稿件来源:新东方"的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件,版权均属新东方教育科技集团(含本网和新东方网) 所有,任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他任何方式复制、发表。已经本网协议授权的媒体、网站,在下载使用时必须注明"稿件来源:新东方",违者本网将依法追究法律责任。

本网未注明"稿件来源:新东方"的文/图等稿件均为转载稿,本网转载仅基于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味着赞同转载稿的观点或证实其内容的真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人从本网下载使用,必须保留本网注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。如擅自篡改为"稿件来源:新东方",本网将依法追究法律责任。

如本网转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者见稿后在两周内速来电与新东方网联系,电话:010-60908555。

热搜关键词