除了表示转身,turn around原来还有这个意思
2018-09-03 14:00
来源:沪江
作者:
Tuck in
使某人在床上觉得很舒服,哄孩子睡觉
She tucked the children in and said goodnight.
她将孩子裹入被中并说了晚安。
Who'll tuck me in while mummy's away?
当妈妈不在的时候谁将会抱我呢?
激动地吞下很多吃的(非正式)
The pie is ready, come on, guys, let's tuck in.
馅饼做好了,来吧,伙计们,让我快享用美食吧。
All the guests hoped to tuck in to the finest foods at the wedding reception.
所有客人都希望在婚宴上尽情享用最美味的食物。
Give away
把某物作为礼物赠送出去
If you won the lottery, how much would you give away to charity? 如果你赢了彩票,你会给慈善机构捐多少钱?
Sorry, we can't lower the price, we're almost giving away these products already.
对不起,我们不能降低价格,我们几乎已经是在捐赠这些产品了。
出卖;错失优势
He thought nobody would recognize him in the Santa Claus costume, but his voice gave him away.
他以为穿着圣诞老人的服装没有人会认出他,但是他的声音把他出卖了。
Arsenal could hardly win after giving away two goals.
在错失两球之后,阿森纳几乎无法获胜。
Take back
收回你说过的话
You can't insult her with rude words, take it all back.
你不能用粗鲁的话侮辱她,把那些话全部收回。
What I said may sound critical, but I won't take anything back. 我所说的可能听起来很有批判性,但我不会收回任何说过的话。
退还某物(例如退还给商店)
When we unpacked the china cups, we found one of them broken, so we took the whole stuff back.
我们拆开瓷杯时,我们发现其中一个破了,所以我们把整个东西都拿回来了。
Thanks for your kindness, but I don't need this ugly dress, take it back to the shop.
谢谢你的美意,但我不需要这件丑陋的裙子,把它退回商店。