新东方网>英语>英语学习>英语阅读>英语美文>正文

英语美文:生活因为爱情才显得真实

2018-06-25 14:59

来源:沪江

作者:

  Sometimes all this is just hard to believe.

  有时候,这一切都让人难以相信。

  I mean, I'm living in Paris now. And that's the Eiffel Tower over there.

  我的意思是,我现在住在巴黎。而埃菲尔铁塔就在那边。

  When I was in college, all I thought about was coming to this city.

  当我还在上大学的时候,我满脑子想的都是到这个城市来。

  I was gonna live in an attic appartment and work in Skakespeare & Co. while I wrote my novel.

  我会住在一间阁楼公寓里,一边在莎士比亚书店上班一边写我的小说。

  I had fantasy about falling in love with a tragically detached French girl that I would finally break through to when I kiss her in front of the tourists up there, at the top of the Eiffel Tower.

  我曾经幻想着在这里爱上一名超脱到悲怆的法国姑娘,然后终有一天,在埃菲尔铁塔的顶上,在那么多游客的面前,冲破一切世俗去亲吻她。

  I got through some very tough time thinking about this city.

  那时候,当我幻想着这座城市的时候,我有过一段很潦倒的日子。

  But right now I'm actually here with the woman I love.

  而现在我却真的到这来了,还和我所爱的女子在一起。

  And the Eiffel Tower is right there.

  而且埃菲尔铁塔就在那边。

  However, I somehow keep having the feeling that I cannot really enjoy it because at any moment something terrible could happen.

  只是,我还是忍不住觉得我不能够全心全意享受这一切,因为任何时候都可能有不好的事情发生。

  Sometimes life just doesn't seem real. Sometimes it just feels like you're living in a dream.

  有时候生活给人的感觉就是这么不真实。有时候你简直就像是生活在梦里。

  But there's one thing I'm sure of. And it's that I've made a promise and I'm gonna keep it.

  不过,有一件事我却能确认。那就是我已经许下了一个承诺,并且我会遵守这个承诺。

  I've promised my love that we're gonna build a future together and I'm gonna kiss her at the top of the Eiffel Tower, in front of all those tourists.

  我已经向我所爱的人许诺,我们会一起搭建自己的未来,并且,我还会在埃菲尔铁塔的顶上,在那么多的游客面前,给她一个吻。

  This promise makes my days feel real.

  是这个承诺让我的生活有了真实感。

  Maybe life itself doesn't have to be totally real. What really matters is our feeling towards those who we care about.

  或许,生活本身并不一定得是真实的。真正重要的东西,是我们对那些心念之人抱有的情感。

  I can no longer thinkg about a future without her. A future without her is no future at all.

  我已经无法想象一个没有她的未来了。一个没有她的未来,根本就不是未来。

  Yes, love is my reality.

  是的,这份爱情就是我的现实。

  Thank you, my love, for coming into my life.

  感谢你,我的爱,感谢你来到我的生命中。

猜你喜欢

  • 听力
  • 口语
  • 阅读
  • 娱乐
  • 词汇
  • 写作

            版权及免责声明

            凡本网注明"稿件来源:新东方"的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件,版权均属新东方教育科技集团(含本网和新东方网) 所有,任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他任何方式复制、发表。已经本网协议授权的媒体、网站,在下载使用时必须注明"稿件来源:新东方",违者本网将依法追究法律责任。

            本网未注明"稿件来源:新东方"的文/图等稿件均为转载稿,本网转载仅基于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味着赞同转载稿的观点或证实其内容的真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人从本网下载使用,必须保留本网注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。如擅自篡改为"稿件来源:新东方",本网将依法追究法律责任。

            如本网转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者见稿后在两周内速来电与新东方网联系,电话:010-60908555。

            热搜关键词