新东方网>英语>英语学习>英语阅读>英语美文>正文

双语美文:说话的人很多,倾听的人很少

2018-06-06 10:27

来源:沪江

作者:

  A person has two ears but only one mouth.

  一个人有两只耳朵,但只有一张嘴巴。

  That's because we are meant to listen, not to just speak.

  这是因为我们天生就是要去倾听的,而不光是去说。

  People talk too much. Everybody wants others to listen to them but forget to listen to others.

  人们讲的话实在太多了。每个人都希望别人听他们讲,却忘了去倾听别人。

  That's why we are not really communicating as much as we think we are.

  这就是为什么我们的交流实际上没有我们以为的那么多。

  I used to wonder why nobody pay any attention to what I say.

  我以前一直不解,为什么没有人在乎我讲了什么。

  There are things that I want to express.

  我有自己想要表达的东西。

  There are feelings that I want others to know that I have.

  我有自己的情愫,而且我想让别人知道。

  The fact that nobody actually listen to me really made me feel sad.

  然而没有人真的在听我说,这真的让我很伤心。

  But latter I found out that I had been doing exactly the same thing.

  但后来,我发现我自己其实在做一样的事情。

  I kept talking never really listened to anybody.

  我一直在说话,但却没有倾听过任何人。

  So I tried to make myself a listener.

  于是,我试着让自己变成一个倾听者。

  And I gradually found out how ignorant I had been towards the people that I know.

  然后我才逐渐发现,我对身边这些人真的知之甚少。

  Now I've listened to them. I've known what they actually said. I've known why they said them. And I've become a better person myself.

  现在,我倾听过他们了。我知道了他们都讲了什么。我也理解了他们为什么要说这些。而我,也变成了更好的自己。

  Change. Be a listener. And the world will change for you in return.

  所以,改变吧。做个倾听者。你会发现,这个世界倒头来也会为你而改变。

猜你喜欢

  • 听力
  • 口语
  • 阅读
  • 娱乐
  • 词汇
  • 写作

            版权及免责声明

            凡本网注明"稿件来源:新东方"的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件,版权均属新东方教育科技集团(含本网和新东方网) 所有,任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他任何方式复制、发表。已经本网协议授权的媒体、网站,在下载使用时必须注明"稿件来源:新东方",违者本网将依法追究法律责任。

            本网未注明"稿件来源:新东方"的文/图等稿件均为转载稿,本网转载仅基于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味着赞同转载稿的观点或证实其内容的真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人从本网下载使用,必须保留本网注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。如擅自篡改为"稿件来源:新东方",本网将依法追究法律责任。

            如本网转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者见稿后在两周内速来电与新东方网联系,电话:010-60908555。

            热搜关键词