新东方网>英语>英语学习>英语阅读>英语美文>正文

美文欣赏:每天忙一忙,生活才有意义

2018-04-24 15:17

来源:沪江

作者:

  You take charge of your own life and make your dreams come true. You don’t just dream about it - you take massive action as well.

  掌控你生活的是你自己,能让你的梦想成真的也是你自己。你不能只是做梦,你还得采取大量的行动。

  When you hustle, you manifest your intangible thoughts into tangible outcomes in the real world.

  当你忙的时候,你能把那些模糊的想法变成确实的结果。

  Hustling isn’t about keeping yourself busy. It’s about identifying the tasks with the highest value and executing them ruthlessly.

  我所说的“忙一忙”并不是指单纯地一直做事,而是说先鉴别出最有价值的任务,然后毫不犹豫地执行它们。

  While hustling isn’t a guarantee that you will succeed, failing to do so is a guarantee that you will fail.

  虽然这么做并不能保证你成功,但不这么做却能保证你失败。

  Just don't forget to low down in the middle of the day for 15 minutes.

  只是别忘了找个时间放慢脚步,休息15分钟

  Sometimes, it’s easy to get caught up with the never-ending hustling.

  有时候,你很容易被永远做不完的事搞得焦头烂额。

  You may forget to stop and smell the roses.

  你可能会忘了停下脚步欣赏沿途的风景。

  Slow down. Your mind needs that short break.

  慢下来。你的大脑需要这样的小憩。

  Slow down whenever you catch yourself moving too fast. Doing so will reward you with extra energy and creativity.

  无论何时,只要你觉得自己走得太快了,就放慢脚步。这么做会让你获得额外的能量和创造力。

  And of course, sleeping for 6 to 8 hours daily is also necessary.

  然后当然,每天睡6-8小时也是很必要的。

  I used to see people taking pride on their lack of sleep.

  我以前经常看到人们因为睡得少而感到自豪。

  They’re proud of sleeping for 2 hours a night to pursue their dreams.

  他们为了追求梦想而每天只睡2小时,并因此感到骄傲。

  Then, they fell sick after a few days and took double the sleeping time to recover…

  结果,没过几天他们就病了,得多睡一倍的时间才能康复。

  You have audacious goals, and that’s exactly why you must be well rested.

  你的目标很远大,而正因为如此你才需要好好休息。

  Remember, you want to thrive in the long term.

  记住,你希望赢得的是长跑,而不是百米冲刺。

  Finally, take some time to enjoy your hobby.

  最后,找点时间享受你的爱好吧。

  Can be gardening, writing, listening to music.

  这可以是园艺、写作、听音乐等等等等。

  Basically anything.

  基本上什么都可以。

  The time purposefully spent isn’t time wasted.

  像这样有意花掉的时间并不是一种浪费。

官方微信:新东方英语 (微信号:xdfyyw

听说读写译学习方法、英美剧最新资讯,请扫二维码,关注我们! 

猜你喜欢

  • 听力
  • 口语
  • 阅读
  • 娱乐
  • 词汇
  • 写作

            新东方英语辅导专区

            班级名称 上课地点 上课时间 费用 详细

            焦点推荐

            版权及免责声明

            凡本网注明"稿件来源:新东方"的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件,版权均属新东方教育科技集团(含本网和新东方网) 所有,任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他任何方式复制、发表。已经本网协议授权的媒体、网站,在下载使用时必须注明"稿件来源:新东方",违者本网将依法追究法律责任。

            本网未注明"稿件来源:新东方"的文/图等稿件均为转载稿,本网转载仅基于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味着赞同转载稿的观点或证实其内容的真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人从本网下载使用,必须保留本网注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。如擅自篡改为"稿件来源:新东方",本网将依法追究法律责任。

            如本网转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者见稿后在两周内速来电与新东方网联系,电话:010-60908555。

            热搜关键词