新东方网>英语>英语学习>英语阅读>英语美文>正文

美文欣赏:接受吧,这世界充满潜规则

2017-11-07 09:41

来源:沪江

作者:

  This world is made of one after another ordinary person.

  这个世界是由一个又一个普通人组成的。

  We live in such a world. So we have to constantly communicate with different kinds of people.

  我们活在这样一个世界上,就要不断地和各种人打交道。

  And where there are people there are all sorts of different rules that come with them.

  而有人的地方,就会不可避免地出现各种各样的规则。

  Some of these rules are written.

  有些规则会被写下来。

  The others, however, are hidden in the dark waiting for smart people to find them out.

  而还有些规则,则只能藏在暗处,由敏锐的人自行领会。

  This is not the dark side of this society. It's just the natural result of human interaction.

  这并不是社会的黑暗,而是人际互动的必然。

  We can't live in a world ruled completely by solid rules. A world like that is hell. And it will make our civilizaiton stagnant.

  我们不可能生活在一个完全有铁律统治的社会中,那是地狱;而且那样会让人类文明陷入停滞。

  If we are to make our civilization develop, we have to activate that flexibility that makes us human.

  人类文明要想发展,必须充分激发我们作为人的灵活天性。

  And this nature, this soft nature, will inevitably bring a lot of rules that stay unseen.

  而这种天性,是柔性的,所以它必然会带来很多看不见的规则。

  So, right, from this perspective, the world is cruel .

  所以,没错,从这个角度讲,世界的确是残酷的。

  But this is the world that you live in.

  但这就是你生活的世界。

  Embrace it.

  接受它吧。

  Only by doing this can you live on.

  只有这样,你才能走下去。

(编辑:何莹莹)

版权及免责声明

凡本网注明"稿件来源:新东方"的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件,版权均属新东方教育科技集团(含本网和新东方网) 所有,任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他任何方式复制、发表。已经本网协议授权的媒体、网站,在下载使用时必须注明"稿件来源:新东方",违者本网将依法追究法律责任。

本网未注明"稿件来源:新东方"的文/图等稿件均为转载稿,本网转载仅基于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味着赞同转载稿的观点或证实其内容的真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人从本网下载使用,必须保留本网注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。如擅自篡改为"稿件来源:新东方",本网将依法追究法律责任。

如本网转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者见稿后在两周内速来电与新东方网联系,电话:010-60908555。

热搜关键词