新东方网>英语>英语学习>英语阅读>英语美文>正文

美文欣赏:自律,才能带来真正的自由(双语)

2017-09-19 09:55

来源:沪江

作者:

  Self-disciplined people are not all outstanding people. But nearly all outstanding people are self-disciplined people.

  自律的人不一定都优秀,但优秀的人基本都是自律的。

  Some of them keep reading everyday. Some of them never get late.

  他们之中,有的人坚持每天看书,有的人坚持从不迟到。

  The real difference between an elite and the ordinary people is that an elite can manage himself.

  一个真正的精英与普通人的不同,就是他能够管住自己。

  And that's where their success comes from.

  而他们的成功就来源与此。

  What people call self-management is in fact self-discipline.

  自律,其实就是自我管理。

  If you want to get slim, you need to manage your appetite.

  想要减肥,就得把自己的嘴巴管住。

  If you want to succeed, you need to manage your heart.

  想要成功,就得把自己的心管住。

  So set your goal and write down your reasons for them.

  定个目标,并写下原因吧。

  Establish a list for your daily work and life, and excute them out without mercy.

  每天为自己的工作和生活列出一个清单,然后毫不留情地执行它。

  This is not sacrificing your freedom. This is freedom.

  这并不是牺牲自由,这恰恰就是自由。

  Only in self-discipline can you stop being a slave of all the trivial things in your life.

  只有在自律当中,你才能不成为生活中琐碎的奴隶。

  Only in self-discipline can you truly own your future.

  只有在自律中,你才拥有未来。

(编辑:何莹莹)

版权及免责声明

凡本网注明"稿件来源:新东方"的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件,版权均属新东方教育科技集团(含本网和新东方网) 所有,任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他任何方式复制、发表。已经本网协议授权的媒体、网站,在下载使用时必须注明"稿件来源:新东方",违者本网将依法追究法律责任。

本网未注明"稿件来源:新东方"的文/图等稿件均为转载稿,本网转载仅基于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味着赞同转载稿的观点或证实其内容的真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人从本网下载使用,必须保留本网注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。如擅自篡改为"稿件来源:新东方",本网将依法追究法律责任。

如本网转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者见稿后在两周内速来电与新东方网联系,电话:010-60908555。

热搜关键词