新东方网>英语>英语学习>英语阅读>英语美文>正文

美文欣赏:我,只为我自己而活(双语)

2017-09-12 15:40

来源:沪江

作者:

  In the past, we thought so innocently that an honest heart always brings back an honest heart.

  过去,我们总是天真地以为,真心能换来真心。

  So we put our hearts on our sleeves for everybody.

  于是掏心掏肺地对所有人好。

  But the result is that we got all bruises.

  结果往往把自己弄得伤痕累累。

  And in the end, we found out that not everybody in this world is worth all of your kindness.

  最后才发现,原来,这个世界上不是每个人都值得你对他那么好。

  And this has been my life.

  这就是我的生活。

  I was so naive and kind.

  从前的我很天真、很善良。

  But now I am wearing scars all over me.

  而现在的我满是伤痕。

  This experience has not only hurt me emotionally, but also physically and financially.

  这段经历不光在情感上伤害了我,也同时在身体上和财务上伤害了我。

  And from now on, I will only treat two kinds of people kindly.

  从今以后,我只会对两种人好。

  The first kind is those who treat me kindly.

  一种是对我好的人。

  The other is those who know how precious I am.

  另一种是懂得我的好的人。

  One has only so much love to give. We can't waste any bit of it.

  一个人的爱是有限的,一点也不能浪费。

  I live for myself.

  我,是为我自己而活的。

(编辑:何莹莹)

版权及免责声明

凡本网注明"稿件来源:新东方"的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件,版权均属新东方教育科技集团(含本网和新东方网) 所有,任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他任何方式复制、发表。已经本网协议授权的媒体、网站,在下载使用时必须注明"稿件来源:新东方",违者本网将依法追究法律责任。

本网未注明"稿件来源:新东方"的文/图等稿件均为转载稿,本网转载仅基于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味着赞同转载稿的观点或证实其内容的真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人从本网下载使用,必须保留本网注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。如擅自篡改为"稿件来源:新东方",本网将依法追究法律责任。

如本网转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者见稿后在两周内速来电与新东方网联系,电话:010-60908555。

热搜关键词