新东方网>英语>英语学习>英语阅读>英语美文>正文

双语美文:精彩人生的11个快乐秘诀

2016-10-18 11:28

来源:The Huffington Post

作者:

  1. How to count to 10.

  1、学会如何(在发飙前)数到十

  Anger isn't your friend. In fact, learning to control it could add years to your life.Besides, nobody really likes that guy who screams at the waiter because the soup is too salty, now do they?

  愤怒可不是我们的良师益友。事实上,学会控制愤怒的情绪有助于延年益寿。还有,没有人会喜欢对着服务生吼叫抱怨汤太咸的人,对吧?

  2. How to play nice with strangers.

  2、学会如何对陌生人友好

  Doing nice things for people makes us feel better. In fact, studies show that those who volunteer reap health benefits that may help them live longer.

  对陌生人友好也会让自己感觉更好。更有研究显示乐于奉献的人身心会更健康,寿命会更长。

  3. How to be content.

  3、知足常乐

  You have what you have and that's what you have. The acquisition of things rarely raises our happinessquotient, but the quest for them certainly lowers it.

  拥抱你目前拥有的一切。我们所得到的很少能够提高幸福指数,而我们所渴求的必然会降低它。

  4. How to love nature.

  4、学会如何热爱大自然

  The more time you spend outside, the happier you will be.

  你在户外花的时间越多,就会越快乐。

  5. How to not abuse your body.

  5、不要糟蹋自己的身体

  After all, you only get one and spare parts are hard to find. An estimated 32 percent of fatal car crashes involve an intoxicated driver or pedestrian.

  毕竟,身体只有一个,要找“备胎”可就难了。据估计,32%的致命车祸就是由醉酒的司机或是行人造成。

  6. How to share.

  6、学会分享

  Share. Not in a Facebook sharing way, but really share.

  去分享吧。不是指社交网站上的“分享”,是真正的“分享”。

  7. How to make friends.

  7、学会交友

  Some people think it's that your friends keep you from doing things that are bad for you. Frankly, we think it’s just that they make your life more fun and worthwhile.

  有人认为,好朋友能够阻止你做一些对你有害的事情。其实呢,他们只是给你的生活带来了更多的乐趣和价值。

  8. How to listen.

  8、学会倾听

  Sure, you probably hear just fine. But do you really listen? Do you read body language, facial expressions, what the eyes are telling you and not just the mouth?

  是啊,你也许会说我这不是听得好好的嘛。可你真的有认真在听吗?你有在解读对方的肢体语言、面部表情以及其他眼睛看到的,而不仅是耳朵听到的吗?

  9. How to forgive.

  9、学会原谅

  Everyone has been hurt by the actions or words of another. The difference is in how we react to that hurt. Forgive, even if you can't forget and you'll be better off for it.

  每个人都会被他人的行为或是言语伤害到。不同之处在于我们如何应对他们。原谅他们吧,即使你无法忘怀,原谅了总会好受一些。

  10. How to stick up for others.

  10、学会站出来支持别人

  Playground bullies don't go away after 5th grade. They grow up and become bosses, neighbors and somebody's in-laws. Everyone deserves to live a bully-free life. Remember that if you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

  小学五年级操场上的霸凌者不会凭空消失。他们会长大,变成老板、邻居、娘家人、婆家人。每个人都值得活在没有霸凌的环境中。记住,如果你不是解决问题的那一方,你就相当于自动站到了制造问题的那一方。

  11. How to say "yes" more than "no."

  11、学会多去肯定,而非否定

  Negativity sucks the air out of a room. Life is less about what you make it and more about how you see it. See it positively or you will not only be miserable, but you’ll make everyone around you miserable to.

  负能量如同要把房间里的空气抽干。人生更多时候并不是你把它创造成什么样,而是它在你心中是什么样。积极地看待人生,不然不光是你自己,身边的人也会感到无比痛苦。

(编辑:何莹莹)

版权及免责声明

凡本网注明"稿件来源:新东方"的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件,版权均属新东方教育科技集团(含本网和新东方网) 所有,任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他任何方式复制、发表。已经本网协议授权的媒体、网站,在下载使用时必须注明"稿件来源:新东方",违者本网将依法追究法律责任。

本网未注明"稿件来源:新东方"的文/图等稿件均为转载稿,本网转载仅基于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味着赞同转载稿的观点或证实其内容的真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人从本网下载使用,必须保留本网注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。如擅自篡改为"稿件来源:新东方",本网将依法追究法律责任。

如本网转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者见稿后在两周内速来电与新东方网联系,电话:010-60908555。

热搜关键词