新东方网>英语>英语学习>职场英语>职场百科>正文

职场英语:找工作该考虑哪些重要因素

2016-03-23 10:02

来源:Quora.com

作者:

  Garrick Saito答道:

  This list is very subjective. What may be important to you may not be important to me (and vice versa). For both companies, I would consider the following:

  这是非常主观的问题。也许你认为重要的因素我并不这么认为(反之亦然)。对于两家公司,我会考虑以下这些因素:

  Potential for learning and expanding my current skills

  学习与拓展现有技能的潜力

  Upward mobility potential

  往上晋升的潜力

  Current compensation (relative to local market conditions)

  (与当地市场条件相适应的)当前职位的补贴

  Health insurance and other fringe benefits

  医疗保险与其他津贴

  Driving/commuting distance and time

  交通/通勤距离与时间

  Financial health of the company (i.e., "Is there even a remote chance I won't get my paycheck?")

  公司的经济状况(即,“我有没有可能被欠薪?”)

  Historical growth of the company and assessment of their future growth

  公司的历史增长率与对未来增长率的评估。

  An assessment of the company/corporate culture and their values

  公司的评估/公司文化与价值观。

  An assessment of my would-be boss/supervisor

  对潜在雇主/主管的评估

  An assessment of why I "wouldn't" want to work there

  对我不想在这里工作的原因的评估。

  If I like/believe in the product or service they provide

  我是否喜欢/支持他们的产品或服务

  Average historical pay increases/year end bonuses

  平均历史加薪/年终奖励

  Alex Mooney答道:

  I have spent my career helping employees evaluate job opportunities. Here's a few things they have found helpful as they weigh job offers:

  我的工作任务就是帮助求职者评估不同的工作选择。下面就是他们认为衡量职位邀请的方法。

  Do your research

  多作研究调查

  Not just on the company, the team, and the job (although it's very important to do this as well), but also research your motivations for doing what you do for a living. Do you go to work everyday because you enjoy solving problems? You like to travel? Ambiguity excites you?

  不仅研究该公司,团队和工作(尽管这也是非常重要的),还得研究你的谋生动机。你每天去上班是因为你享受解决问题吗?你喜欢旅行吗?还是因为表意不明让你感到激动?

  Understanding your motivations will help you identify the roles that are right for you.

  了解你自己的动机能让你选择最适合自己的工作。

  Evaluate the role

  评估职位

  It's easy to get distracted by compensation or the thought of how a brand name employer will look on a resume. What is more difficult is to think about the long-term by maximizing the important stuff in the short term.

  是的,我们很容易受工作补贴的诱惑,或只是因为老板对简历上的大公司名字的想法而模糊了焦点。更困难的是得仔细考虑如何在短期内把重要的事情最大化以达到长期的目的。

  Research has shown that those who maximize job stretch and growth in the short term, earn significantly more in the long run than those who chase compensation. Will the opportunity presented to you allow you the ability to stretch and grow in your role?

  有研究表明那些能在短期内最大化发挥工作技能,获得进步的人,能在长期的发展中比追逐福利报酬的人赚取多得多的收入。那么这个职位能否为你提供增长技能与个人提升的空间呢?

  Think twice before you leap. What you should do is to prioritize your major focuses, do some researches, communicate with people and believe yourself.

  三思而后行。你该做的就是把自己最关注的信息按重要次序列出来,多作研究调查,与他人沟通交流,并相信你自己。

(编辑:何莹莹)

版权及免责声明

凡本网注明"稿件来源:新东方"的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件,版权均属新东方教育科技集团(含本网和新东方网) 所有,任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他任何方式复制、发表。已经本网协议授权的媒体、网站,在下载使用时必须注明"稿件来源:新东方",违者本网将依法追究法律责任。

本网未注明"稿件来源:新东方"的文/图等稿件均为转载稿,本网转载仅基于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味着赞同转载稿的观点或证实其内容的真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人从本网下载使用,必须保留本网注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。如擅自篡改为"稿件来源:新东方",本网将依法追究法律责任。

如本网转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者见稿后在两周内速来电与新东方网联系,电话:010-60908555。

热搜关键词