新东方网>英语>英语学习>英语阅读>英语美文>正文

拜伦著名诗歌合集:我愿做无忧无虑的小孩

2015-11-17 11:39

来源:网络

作者:

 

  I would I were a careless child,

  我愿做无忧无虑的小孩,

  Still dwelling in my Highland cave,

  仍然居住在高原的洞穴,

  Or roaming through the dusky wild,

  或是在微曛旷野里徘徊,

  Or bounding o'er the dark blue wave;

  或是在暗蓝海波上腾跃;

  The cumbrous pomp of Saxon pride

  撒克逊浮华的繁文缛礼

  Accords not with the freeborn soul,

  不合我生来自由的意志,

  Which loves the mountain's craggy side,

  我眷念坡道崎岖的山地,

  And seeks the rocks where billows roll.

  我向往狂涛扑打的巨石。

  Fortune! take back these cultured lands,

  命运呵!请收回丰熟的田畴,

  Take back this name of splendid sound!

  收回这响亮的尊荣称号

  I hate the touch of servile hands,

  我厌恶被人卑屈地迎候,

  I hate the slaves that cringe around.

  厌恶被奴仆躬身环绕。

  Place me among the rocks I love,

  把我放回我酷爱的山岳,

  Which sound to Ocean's wildest roar;

  听巉岩应和咆哮的海洋;

  I ask but this—again to rove

  我只求让我重新领略

  Through scenes my youth hath known before.

  我从小熟悉的故国风光。

  Few are my years, and yet I feel

  我虽然年少,也能感觉出

  The world was ne'er design'd for me:

  这世界决不是为我而设;

  Ah! why do dark'ning shades conceal

  幽冥暗影为何要幂覆

  The hour when man must cease to be?

  世人向尘寰告别的时刻?

  Once I beheld a splendid dream,

  我也曾瞥见过辉煌梦境——

  A visionary scene of bliss:

  极乐之乡的神奇幻觉;

  Truth!—wherefore did thy hated beam

  真相呵!为何你可憎的光明

  Awake me to a world like this?

  唤醒我面临这么个世界?

  I loved—but those I loved are gone;

  我爱过——所爱之人已离去;

  Had friends—my early friends are fled:

  有朋友——早年友谊已终结;

  How cheerless feels the heart alone

  孤苦的心灵怎能不忧郁,

  When all its former hopes are dead!

  当原有的希望都黯然熄灭!

  Though gay companions o'er the bowl

  纵然酒宴中欢谑的伙伴们

  Dispel awhile the sense of ill;

  把恶劣情怀驱散了片刻;

  Though pleasure stirs the maddening soul,

  豪兴能振奋痴狂的灵魂,

  The heart—the heart—is lonely still.

  心儿呵,心儿却永远寂寞。

  How dull! to hear the voice of those

  多无聊!去听那些人闲谈:

  Whom rank or chance, whom wealth or power,

  那些人与我非敌非友,

  Have made, though neither friends nor foes,

  是门第、权势、财富或机缘

  Associates of the festive hour.

  使他们与我在筵前聚首。

  Give me again a faithful few,

  把几个忠诚密友还给我,

  In years and feelings still the same,

  还是原来的年纪和心情;

  And I will fly the midnight crew,

  躲开那半夜喧嚣的一伙,

  Where boist´rous joy is but a name.

  他们的欢乐不过是虚名。

  And woman, lovely woman! thou,

  美人,可爱的美人!你就是

  My hope, my comforter, my all?

  我的希望,慰藉,和一切?

  How cold must be my bosom now,

  连你那笑靥的魅力也消失,

  When e'en thy smiles begin to pall!

  我心中怎能不奇寒凛冽!

  Without a sigh would I resign

  又富丽又惨苦的繁嚣俗境,

  This busy scene of splendid woe,

  我毫无叹惜,愿从此告辞;

  To make that calm contentment mine,

  我只要怡然知足的恬静——

  Which virtue knows, or seems to know.

  “美德”熟识它,或似曾相识。

  Fain would I fly the haunts of men—

  告别这熙来攘往的去处——

  I seek to shun, not hate mankind;

  我不恨人类,只是想避开;

  My breast requires the sullen glen,

  我痴心寻觅阴沉崖谷,

  Whose gloom may suit a darken'd mind.

  那暝色契合这晦暗胸怀。

  Oh! that to me the wings were given

  但愿能给我一双翅膀:

  Which bear the turtle to her nest!

  像斑鸠飞回栖宿的巢里,

  Then would I cleave the vault of heaven,

  我也要展翅飞越穹苍,

  To flee away, and be at rest.

  飘然远引,得享安息。

  更多精彩内容 >> 新东方网英语频道 

  全国新东方英语课程搜索


(实习编辑:高奕飞)



猜你喜欢

  • 听力
  • 口语
  • 阅读
  • 娱乐
  • 词汇
  • 写作

            版权及免责声明

            凡本网注明"稿件来源:新东方"的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件,版权均属新东方教育科技集团(含本网和新东方网) 所有,任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他任何方式复制、发表。已经本网协议授权的媒体、网站,在下载使用时必须注明"稿件来源:新东方",违者本网将依法追究法律责任。

            本网未注明"稿件来源:新东方"的文/图等稿件均为转载稿,本网转载仅基于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味着赞同转载稿的观点或证实其内容的真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人从本网下载使用,必须保留本网注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。如擅自篡改为"稿件来源:新东方",本网将依法追究法律责任。

            如本网转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者见稿后在两周内速来电与新东方网联系,电话:010-60908555。

            热搜关键词