新东方网>英语>英语学习>英语阅读>英语美文>正文

致年轻人:等老了你会后悔的10件事 英语美文推荐

2015-09-09 14:32

来源:网络

作者:

  They say youth is wasted on the young. Are you wasting yours?

  有人说青春都是被年轻人浪费的,你在浪费自己的青春吗?

  1. Not traveling when you had the chance.

  有机会的时候不去旅行

  Traveling becomes infinitely harder the older you get, especially if you have a family and need to pay the way for three-plus people instead of just yourself.

  随着年龄的增长,旅行变得越来越不容易,当你拥有一个家庭之后你不能只考虑自己,你需要为家里至少三口人谋生计,这个时候旅行就更难上加难了。

  2. Not learning another language.

  没能学一门外语

  You’ll kick yourself when you realize you took three years of language in high school and remember none of it.

  中学曾花费了三年时间学习外语,而你却什么都没记住。每当想起这一点,你都会想踹自己两脚。

  3. Staying in a bad relationship.

  沉迷于一段糟糕的感情

  No one who ever gets out of a bad relationship looks back without wishing they made the move sooner.

  每一个走出一段槽糕的感情的人在回顾往事的时候,都后悔自己为什么没有早点摆脱旧情。

  4. Not quitting a terrible job.

  对旧工作彷徨不前

  Look, you gotta pay the bills. But if you don’t make a plan to improve your situation, you might wake up one day having spent 40 years in hell.

  瞧,你需要支付生活中的各种账单。但是如果你不为改善自己的现状而制定计划的话,有可能某一天起床的时候你已经在地狱里呆了40年。

  5. Not trying harder in school.

  学校功课不努力

  It’s not just that your grades play a role in determining where you end up in life. Eventually you’ll realize how neat it was to get to spend all day learning, and wish you’d paid more attention.

  你的分数不仅仅会决定你的人生走向,而且最后你将会意识到,一整天时间专心学习是多么的优雅!那个时候你就会后悔自己在学习上没能更用心。

  6. Not realizing how beautiful you were.

  忽略自己的美丽

  Too many of us spend our youth unhappy with the way we look, but the reality is, that’s when we’re our most beautiful.

  太多的人把青春荒废在不满意自己的外表上,但事实是,你不满的那段时光恰恰是你最美丽的时候。

  7. Failing to finish what you start.

  不能持之以恒

  “I had big dreams of becoming a nurse. I even signed up for the classes, but then…”

  “我梦想成为一名护士,并且我曾经报名参加培训课程,但然后……” 就没有然后了。

  8. Caring too much about what other people think.

  太在乎别人的看法

  In 20 years you won’t give a damn about any of those people you once worried so much about.

  有些人的看法曾经使你很忧虑,但20年后你会完全不在乎那些对你评头论足的人。

  9. Worrying too much.

  过分担忧

  As Tom Petty sang, “Most things I worry about never happen anyway.”

  如汤姆·佩蒂歌曲里唱的那样,“大部分我担忧的事情从来都没发生过。”

  10. Not being grateful sooner.

  未能早日心怀感恩

  It can be hard to see in the beginning, but eventually it becomes clear that every moment on this earth — from the mundane to the amazing — is a gift that we’re all so incredibly lucky to share.

  年轻的时候可能很难悟到,但总有一天你会意识到,你活在世上的每一分钟都弥足珍贵。无论平凡还是精彩,这些时光都是上天赐予我们的礼物,我们能如此幸运地分享这些美妙的时刻,应当怀抱感恩之心。

  更多精彩内容 >> 新东方网英语频道 

  全国新东方英语课程搜索


(实习编辑:高奕飞)



猜你喜欢

  • 听力
  • 口语
  • 阅读
  • 娱乐
  • 词汇
  • 写作

            版权及免责声明

            凡本网注明"稿件来源:新东方"的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件,版权均属新东方教育科技集团(含本网和新东方网) 所有,任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他任何方式复制、发表。已经本网协议授权的媒体、网站,在下载使用时必须注明"稿件来源:新东方",违者本网将依法追究法律责任。

            本网未注明"稿件来源:新东方"的文/图等稿件均为转载稿,本网转载仅基于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味着赞同转载稿的观点或证实其内容的真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人从本网下载使用,必须保留本网注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。如擅自篡改为"稿件来源:新东方",本网将依法追究法律责任。

            如本网转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者见稿后在两周内速来电与新东方网联系,电话:010-60908555。

            热搜关键词