新东方网>英语>英语学习>英语阅读>英语美文>正文

经典美文英语短篇:英语美文摘抄《The Smile》

2020-04-01 21:48

来源:新东方网整理

作者:

  In that instant, it was as though a spark jumped across the gap between our two hearts, our two human souls.

  就在这一刹那,这抹微笑如同火花般打破了我们心灵间的隔阂。

  I knew he didn't want to,but my smile leaped through the bars and generated a smile on his lips, too.

  受到了我的感染,他的嘴角不自觉地也现出了笑容。虽然我知道他原无此意。

  He lit my cigarette but stayed near,looking at me directly in the eyes and continuing to smile.

  他点完火后并没立刻离开,两眼盯着我瞧,脸上仍带着微笑。

  I kept smiling at him,now aware of him as a person and not just a jailer.

  我也以笑容回应,仿佛他是个朋友而不是个守着我的警卫。

  And his looking at me seemed to have a new dimension, too.

  他看着我的眼神也少了当初的那股凶气。

  Do you have kids? he asked.

  你有小孩吗?他开口问道。

  Yes, here, here. I took out my wallet and nervously fumbled for the pictures of my family.

  有的,你看。我拿出了皮夹,手忙脚乱地翻出了我的全家福照片。

  He, too, took out the pictures of his family and began to talk about his plans and hopes for them.

  他也掏出了照片并且开始讲述他对家人的期望与计划。

  My eyes filled with tears.

  这时我眼中充满了泪水。

  I said that I feared that I'd never see my family again,never have the chance to see them grow up.

  我说自己害怕再也见不到家人。我害怕没机会看着孩子长大。

  Tears came to his eyes, too.

  他听了也流下两行眼泪。

  Suddenly, without another word,he unlocked my cell and silently led me out.

  突然他二话不说地打开了牢门,悄悄地带我从后面的小路逃离了监狱。

  Out of the jail, quietly and by back routes, out of the town.

  离开监狱后,出了小镇,就在小镇的边上,

  There, at the edge of town, he released me.

  就在那里,他放了我。

  And without another word, he turned back toward the town.

  之后便转身往回走,不曾留下一句话。

  My life was saved by a smile.

  一个微笑居然能救自己一条命。

  Yes, the smile-is the unaffected, unplanned,natural connection between people.

  是的,微笑是人与人之间最自然真挚的沟通方式。

  I really believe that if that part of you and that part of me could recognize each other,we wouldn't be enemies.

  如果我们能用心灵去认识彼此,世间不会有结怨成仇的憾事。

  We couldn't have hate or envy or fear.

  恨意、妒嫉、恐惧也会不复存在。

猜你喜欢

  • 听力
  • 口语
  • 阅读
  • 娱乐
  • 词汇
  • 写作

            版权及免责声明

            凡本网注明"稿件来源:新东方"的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件,版权均属新东方教育科技集团(含本网和新东方网) 所有,任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他任何方式复制、发表。已经本网协议授权的媒体、网站,在下载使用时必须注明"稿件来源:新东方",违者本网将依法追究法律责任。

            本网未注明"稿件来源:新东方"的文/图等稿件均为转载稿,本网转载仅基于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味着赞同转载稿的观点或证实其内容的真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人从本网下载使用,必须保留本网注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。如擅自篡改为"稿件来源:新东方",本网将依法追究法律责任。

            如本网转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者见稿后在两周内速来电与新东方网联系,电话:010-60908555。

            热搜关键词