新东方网>英语>英语学习>职场英语>职场百科>正文

职场英语:怎样才管理好自己的时间?

2018-03-20 11:10

来源:沪江

作者:

  一周当中,哪一天是你最忙的时候?

  Which day of the week is your busiest time?

  是一切乱成一团的周一?还是总有一堆事情没做完的周五?

  Is it Monday when everything seems like a mess? Or is it Friday on which there is always a bunch of things that haven’t been done?

  又或者,你压根就没有不忙的时候。

  Or, you are always busy.

  如果是这样的话,那你大概是不知道怎么管理时间。

  If that is the case, then you probably don’t know how to manage time.

  忙,似乎已经成了一种流行病。

  Being busy seems to have become an epidemic.

  几乎所有人都觉得自己的时间不够。

  Almost everyone feels they do not have enough time.

  在讲怎么管理时间之前,或许我们得先想想为什么大家都越来越忙。

  Before we teach you how to manage time, perhaps we should first think about why people are getting ever busier.

  首先,可能是因为,我们总是对自己的能力过于乐观,然后低估了工作所需的时间。

  First, it may be because we are always overly optimistic about our own abilities and miscalculate the time needed for our work.

  我们总是本能地倾向于美化自己。

  We always tend to instinctively glorify ourselves.

  在看别人的时候,我们看到的是他们现在的样子。

  When we look at others, what we see is who they are now.

  在看自己的时候,我们看到的是自己希望成为的样子。

  When we look at ourselves, we see who we want to become.

  第二,大概是因为我们都太习惯一心多用了。

  Second, it is probably because we are all too used to multitasking.

  我们似乎觉得这是能力的象征,但这其实是一个广泛存在的错误。

  We seem to think that this is a symbol of ability, but this is actually a widespread misunderstanding.

  事实上,已经有很多研究证明,一心多用只有坏处,没有益处。

  In fact, there have been many studies which prove that multitasking is totally harmful without any benefit.

  每一次中断工作,你都需要花费大量的时间重新集中注意力,这导致你真正用在正事上的时间其实极少。

  Every time you stop your work, you need to spend a lot of time to refocus, which leads to very few hours that really count.

  严重的时候可能只有20%。

  In severe cases, it may only be 20%.

  第三,可能我们的价值观也出了问题。

  Third, there may be problems with our values.

  现在“工作狂”似乎成了一个光荣的标签。

  Nowadays “workaholic” seems to have become a glorious label.

  越来越多的人认为:只有不断地忙碌,才能证明自己有能力、有责任心。

  More and more people think that only by being constantly busy can you prove yourself a capable and responsible person.

  虽然大家都在说要达到工作与生活的平衡,但只有越来越少的人敢去追求它。

  Although everyone is saying that we must achieve a balance between work and life, fewer and fewer people dare to pursue it.

  所以,如何才能管理好时间呢?从这3点着手吧:

  So, how can we manage time well? Start by following these three advice:

  首先,不要因为时间紧迫就不花时间做规划。

  First of all, do not skip planning only because you are under difficult time constraints.

  给所有要做的事情排出优先级,预估出它们需要的时间,再把它们排到每天的日历上。

  Prioritize all the things you are going to do, estimate how long they will take, and then put them on the daily calendar.

  当你对所有要做的事情有了宏观的观察时,你想问题的方式会完全不一样。

  When you have a big picture of everything you do, the way you think about stuff will be completely different.

  你可能会发现你所拥有的时间根本做不完这些事,那就得重新考虑工作的合理性,或者得想办法优化工作方式。

  You may find that you do not have time for all those tasks, so you have to reconsider the rationality of your work, or you must think of ways to optimize your working methods.

  总之,以前那种把所有事情一件一件做掉的工作方式,真的很不科学。

  In short, the old-school way of doing everything one by one is really unscientific.

  第二,不要以为自己的意志力是无限的。

  Second, do not think that your willpower is infinite.

  那些能形成惯例的事情就形成惯例吧。

  It is customary to create routines.

  每周都会做的事情就找一个固定时间去做,让自己少操一些心。

  You need to find a fixed time to do the things you do every week and save yourself troubles.

  这样你的计划也会更容易定出来。

  In this way, it is also easier for you to make your plan.

  人的意志力是非常有限的,如果你把它用在各种细枝末节的小决定上面,那就没法把它们用在真正重要的事上面了。

  A human’s willpower is very limited, and if you use it on all kinds of minor decisions, you can’t use them on what’s truly important.

  最后,要接受无所事事的自己。

  Last but not least, accept yourself for doing nothing.

  你休息的时候会干什么?

  What do you do when you rest?

  看电影?追剧?打游戏?聚会?疯狂地旅行?

  Going to the movies? Binge-watching TV shows? Playing games? Partying? Or traveling like crazy?

  有时候,我们所谓的休息其实只是另一种形式的工作。

  Sometimes, what we call “rest” is just another form of work.

  我们似乎觉得不做点什么就是在浪费时间。

  We seem to feel like we are wasting time by doing nothing.

  但我们真的需要一些无所事事的时间,这是一种高质量的休息,因为它能让你从追赶时间的赛跑当中解脱出来。

  But we really need some time to do nothing. This is a quality rest because it frees you from the race to catch up with time.

版权及免责声明

凡本网注明"稿件来源:新东方"的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件,版权均属新东方教育科技集团(含本网和新东方网) 所有,任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他任何方式复制、发表。已经本网协议授权的媒体、网站,在下载使用时必须注明"稿件来源:新东方",违者本网将依法追究法律责任。

本网未注明"稿件来源:新东方"的文/图等稿件均为转载稿,本网转载仅基于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味着赞同转载稿的观点或证实其内容的真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人从本网下载使用,必须保留本网注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。如擅自篡改为"稿件来源:新东方",本网将依法追究法律责任。

如本网转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者见稿后在两周内速来电与新东方网联系,电话:010-60908555。

热搜关键词