新东方网>英语>英语学习>口语>实用口语>正文

实用口语:实用关于恋爱结婚的英语表达

2017-04-13 10:14

来源:about.com

作者:

  4.blind date - to go out with someone you have never seen before, blind dates are often arranged by friends

  事先一无所知的相亲——和你之前从未见过的人约会,这种约会通常是朋友安排的。

  She was surprised at how much fun she had on her blind date last week.

  上周的相亲她其乐无穷,这让她惊讶不已。

  Becoming Engaged

  订婚

  Verbs

  动词

  1.to propose - to ask someone to marry you

  求婚——请求某人与你结婚

  I'm going to propose to Alan next week.

  我下周准备向艾伦求婚了。

  2.to ask someone to marry you - to ask someone to be your spouse

  求婚——请求某人成为你的配偶。

  Have you asked her to marry you yet?

  你已经向她求婚了吗?

  3.to ask for someone's hand in marriage - to ask someone to marry you

  求婚——请求某人与你结婚

  Peter arranged a romantic dinner and asked Susan's hand in marriage.

  皮特安排了一场浪漫的晚宴,并向苏珊求婚了。

  Nouns

  名词

  1.proposal - the question made when asking someone to marry

  求婚词——求婚时提出的问题

  He made his proposal when they brought out the champagne.

  当他们拿出香槟时,他念出了自己的求婚词。

  2.engagement - the state of being engaged, making the promise to marry each other

  订婚——定下了婚约,承诺与对方结婚。

  They announced their engagement at the Christmas party last week.

  上周在圣诞节派对上,他们宣布订婚。

  3.fiance - the person to whom you are engaged

  未婚夫——订婚的对象

  My fiance works in education.

  我的未婚夫是从事教育行业的。

  4.betrothal - literary term synonymous with engagement (not commonly used in modern English)

  婚约——订婚的文学术语(现代英语中不常用)

  The couples' betrothal was approved by the king.

  这对夫妻的婚约是经过国王陛下恩准的。

  Idioms

  习语

  1.to pop the question - to ask someone to marry you

  求婚——请求某人与你结婚

  When are you going to pop the question?

  你准备什么时候结婚?

  Marrying

  结婚

  Verbs

  动词

  1.to get married - the action of becoming husband and wife

  结婚——结为夫妻

  They got married in a historic church in the countryside.

  他们在乡村里的一座历史悠久的教堂里结为夫妻。

  2.to marry - to get married

  结婚

  They are going to wed next June.

  他们明年六月结婚

  3.to wed - to get married

  结婚

  We wed twenty years ago on this day.

  二十年前的今天是我们结婚的日子。

  4.to say "I do" - the agree to marry the other person at a wedding

  说“我愿意”——在婚礼上同意与对方结为夫妻

  The bride and groom said "I do" after their vows.

  新郎新娘在婚誓后说“我愿意”。

  Nouns

  名词

  1.anniversary - the day of your wedding, celebrated by married couples

  纪念日——夫妻一起庆祝结婚的日子

  Our anniversary is coming up next week. What should I get her?

  我们的结婚纪念日下周就要到了。我该给她买什么好呢?

  2.marriage - the state of being married

  结婚——已婚的状态

  Their marriage is very good. They've been married for twenty years.

  他们的婚姻十分美满。他们结婚已经二十年了。

  3.wedding - the ceremony during which people get married

  婚礼——结婚时举行的仪式

  The wedding was lovely. I couldn't help crying a little.

  他们的婚礼布置得好可爱。我都忍不住流泪了。

  4.matrimony - the state of being married (used less commonly than 'marriage')

  结婚——已婚的状态(比marriage使用的频率小)

  The matrimony withheld the test of time.

  婚姻要经受得住时间的考验。

  5.wedlock - the state of being married (used less commonly than 'marriage')

  结婚——已婚的状态(比marriage使用的频率小)

  We've been in wedlock since 1964.

  我们1964年就结婚了。

  6.vow - the promise made between two people during a wedding

  婚誓——在结婚典礼上,夫妻俩相互许下的诺言。

  We exchanged our vows in front of our family and friends.

  我们在亲朋好友面前交换了誓言。

  7.bride - the woman who marries

  新娘——结婚的女人

  The bride was so beautiful. They looked so happy together.

  新娘好漂亮啊。他们在一起看起来好幸福。

  8.groom - the man who marries

  新郎——结婚的男人

  The groom looked arrived twenty minutes late for the wedding. Everyone was very nervous!

  新郎婚礼迟到了二十分钟。大家都十分紧张。

(编辑:何莹莹)

猜你喜欢

  • 听力
  • 口语
  • 阅读
  • 娱乐
  • 词汇
  • 写作

            版权及免责声明

            凡本网注明"稿件来源:新东方"的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件,版权均属新东方教育科技集团(含本网和新东方网) 所有,任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他任何方式复制、发表。已经本网协议授权的媒体、网站,在下载使用时必须注明"稿件来源:新东方",违者本网将依法追究法律责任。

            本网未注明"稿件来源:新东方"的文/图等稿件均为转载稿,本网转载仅基于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味着赞同转载稿的观点或证实其内容的真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人从本网下载使用,必须保留本网注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。如擅自篡改为"稿件来源:新东方",本网将依法追究法律责任。

            如本网转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者见稿后在两周内速来电与新东方网联系,电话:010-60908555。

            热搜关键词