新东方网>英语>英语学习>口语>实用口语>正文

常见英语习语必备 让英语交流不再难!

2017-04-06 10:49

来源:沪江

作者:

  31. BE TICKLED PINK: to be excited and happy

  31.乐坏了:十分开心

  She was tickled pink by all the compliments she’d received.

  听到那些赞美之言,她乐坏了。

  32.A BAKER’S DOZEN: thirteen

  32.面包师的一打:意为十三

  Check out our baker’s dozen language learning tips.

  看看这十三条语言学习技巧。

  33. COMFORT FOOD: food that makes you feels better, because it reminds you of your childhood

  33.爽心食物:让人感到安慰、掀起童年记忆的食物

  After a tiring day, it’s so nice to make some comfort food and settle down with a good book.

  忙碌一天后能够吃到爽心的食物,轻轻松松看会儿书,真好啊。

  34. SKELETON CREW: the minimum number of people needed to keep a service/office operating

  34.核心人员:少数不可替人员或操作项目

  Can you come back after the holidays? We’re operating with a skeleton crew at the moment.

  假期过后能尽快回来吗?我们正在处理一项核心操作。

  35. LET THE CHIPS FALL WHERE THEY MAY:to let something happen, no matter what happens next

  35.不顾后果:执意做某事,不管后果如何

  I must tell John how I feel about him, let the chips fall where they may.

  无论发生什么后果,我都得告诉约翰自己对他的看法。

  36. NO-BRAINER:an easy decision

  36.明摆的事:显而易见的事

  Do you think I should propose to Judy?

  -Come on, it’s a no-brainer. She’s such a fantastic woman!

  我该向朱迪求婚吗?

  -这还用说,她多动人啊!

  37. A STONE’S THROW: very near

  37.一步之遥:非常近

  The hotel was a stone’s throw from the beach. I loved it.

  这家酒店离沙滩一步之遥,我很喜欢。

  38. HEAR ON THE GRAPEVINE:to hear a rumor or unconfirmed story

  38.小道消息:谣言或未经考证的消息

  I heard on the grapevine that Charlie and Sarah are dating at the moment.

  据小道消息,查理和萨拉订婚了。

  39. SIT ON THE FENCE: to stay neutral and not take sides

  39.脚踩两只船:保持中立

  Well don’t you think I’m right, he’s been acting differently hasn’t he?

  -I’m sitting on the fence with this one; you’re both my good friends.

  你不认为他已经变了,要站在我这边吗?

  -你俩都是我的好朋友,对此我保持中立。

  40. TAKE WHAT SOMEONE SAYS WITH A PINCH OF SALT:regard something as exaggerated, or only believe a part of something

  40.将信将疑:认为某事被放大,对某事半信半疑

  Did you hear what Tina said happened in the office yesterday?

  -Oh, I would take anything she says with a pinch of salt.

  你有听到缇娜昨天在办公室说的话吗?

  -我对她讲的所有内容都半信半疑。

(编辑:何莹莹)

猜你喜欢

  • 听力
  • 口语
  • 阅读
  • 娱乐
  • 词汇
  • 写作

            版权及免责声明

            凡本网注明"稿件来源:新东方"的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件,版权均属新东方教育科技集团(含本网和新东方网) 所有,任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他任何方式复制、发表。已经本网协议授权的媒体、网站,在下载使用时必须注明"稿件来源:新东方",违者本网将依法追究法律责任。

            本网未注明"稿件来源:新东方"的文/图等稿件均为转载稿,本网转载仅基于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味着赞同转载稿的观点或证实其内容的真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人从本网下载使用,必须保留本网注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。如擅自篡改为"稿件来源:新东方",本网将依法追究法律责任。

            如本网转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者见稿后在两周内速来电与新东方网联系,电话:010-60908555。

            热搜关键词