新东方网>英语>英语学习>少儿英语>英语故事>正文

儿童英语故事短文:替猫戴上铃铛

2016-01-07 15:40

来源:网络

作者:

 新东方英语课程

  Belling the Cat 替猫戴上铃铛

  Kitty the Cat is eating all the mice. The mice are afraid to come out of their mouseholes.

  猫咪凯蒂几乎吃光了所有的老鼠。老鼠们都非常害怕,不敢踏出鼠洞半步。

  Kitty: Meow… I got you, little mouse.

  凯蒂:喵呜……我抓住你了,小老鼠。

  Little Joe: Oh, please, Kitty! Let me go. I am too small to eat.

  小乔伊:哦,求求你了,凯蒂!放我走吧。我太小了,不够你吃的。

  Kitty: I don’t mind. I am very hungry right now. (gulp!)

  凯蒂:没关系。我现在太饿了。(一口吞下小老鼠!)

  Kitty the Cat eats poor Little Joe and looks around for another mouse.

  猫咪凯蒂吃掉了可怜的小乔伊。又继续四处寻找其他的老鼠。

  Kitty: That was delicious. But I’m still not full. I need another one. Meow…

  凯蒂:味道真不错。可是我还是没饱,我得再找一只。喵呜……

  Lenny and Theodore are also mice. They see everything.

  伦尼和西奥多也是老鼠,他们目睹了这一切。

  Lenny: Did you see that, Theodore?

  伦尼:你看到了吗,西奥多?

  Theodore: I sure did, Lenny. It was terrible.

  西奥多:我看到了,伦尼。太可怕了。

  Lenny: Kitty is getting fatter and fatter every day. She is eating more and more.

  伦尼:凯蒂一天比一天胖。她越吃越多。

  Theodore: Soon she will eat all of us. We need to do something.

  西奥多:很快她就会把我们都吃光。我们必须采取行动。

  Lenny: You’re right. But what can we do?

  伦尼:你说得对。但是我们该怎么做呢?

  Theodore: Let’s have a meeting first. Tell all the mice to come to my house tonight.

  西奥多:我们先开个会。告诉所有的老鼠今晚到我家来。

  Lenny: Don’t worry. I’ll tell everyone to come. We’ll all be there.

  伦尼:你放心吧。我去叫所有的人来。我们大家都会到。

  Just then, Kitty smells the two mice and slowly walks towards them.

  正在这时,凯蒂闻到了这两只老鼠的味道,慢慢地向他们走过来。

  Theodore: Quickly, Lenny! Hide! Kitty is coming this way!

  西奥多:快,伦尼!躲起来!凯蒂朝这边走过来了!

  Kitty: Meow… I smell mice. Where are they?

  凯蒂:喵呜……我闻到了老鼠的味道。你们在哪儿?

  This time the two mice are lucky. They get away from Kitty. Late in the evening, all the mice are gathered at Theodore’s house for the meeting. 这回两只老鼠还算幸运,他们逃过了凯蒂的利爪。傍晚,所有的老鼠都聚集到西奥多家,准备开会。

  Theodore: Good evening, everyone. Thank you all for coming.

  西奥多:各位晚上好。感谢你们的光临。

  Mr. Toby: What’s up, Theo? Why did you call us so late?

  托比先生:怎么了,小西?为什么这么晚叫我们来?

  Lenny: Well, Mr. Toby, today Kitty got little Joe.

  伦尼:哦,托比先生,今天凯蒂吃掉了小乔伊。

  Mr. Toby: Not again! Are you sure?

  托比先生:哦,不!你确定吗?

  Lenny: Yes, Theodore and I saw it together. It was really terrible.

  伦尼:当然,西奥多和我亲眼看到的。真的是太可怕了。

  Theodore: We must stop this now!!!

  西奥多:现在我们必须阻止这种事情的发生!!!

  Lenny: If we don’t, we’ll all be eaten, too.

  伦尼:如果不采取行动,总有一天我们都会被吃掉的。

  Mr. Toby: I agree with you. But what can we do? We are so small and helpless.

  托比先生:我同意你的说法。可是我们能做些什么呢?我们是这么弱小,无助。

  Theodore: That’s why we are here. Together, let’s think of a way.

  西奥多:这就是今天我们来到这里的原因。伙伴们,让我们一起来想个办法吧!

  Mr. Toby: Let’s trap Kitty.

  托比先生:不如我们设个陷阱,抓住凯蒂。

  Mrs. Toby: But dear, Kitty is much bigger than us. How can we trap her?

  托比太太:可是亲爱的,凯蒂的个头比我们大多了。我们怎么设陷阱抓她呢?

  Mr. Toby: I don’t know, dear.

  托比先生:我也不知道,亲爱的。

  The mice keep thinking, but they don’t come up with any good ideas.

  这些老鼠们想啊想,可是怎么也想不出好点子来。

  Theodore: Come on everyone, think harder.

  西奥多:大家加油啊,再努力想想。

  Buster: Well, uh, how about just staying away from Kitty?

  巴斯特:那么,嗯,咱们就离凯蒂远点怎么样?

  Theodore: What do you mean, Buster?

  西奥多:你是什么意思,巴斯特?

  Buster: It’s simple. Just stay inside our mouseholes and don’t come out.

  巴斯特:很简单啊。就是整天躲在我们的鼠洞里不要出来。

  Lenny: Then what do we eat, Buster? We have to go out for food. Or else, we’ll starve to death.

  伦尼:我们吃什么,巴斯特?我们必须出去寻找食物,不然,我们会饿死的。

  Mrs. Toby: My, my, that’s just as terrible. I don’t want to starve.

  托比太太:天啊,天啊,那不是一样可怕。我可不想饿死。

  Mr. Toby: How about just running away? When we see Kitty coming, just run.

  托比先生:我们逃跑怎么样?我们一看到凯蒂走过来,就逃跑。

  Mrs. Toby: Not a bad idea, dear. But what happens when we don’t see Kitty coming?

  托比太太:这主意不错,亲爱的。可是如果我们没有看见凯蒂过来呢?

  Mr. Toby: I didn’t think of that.

  托比先生:这我可没想到。

  Finally, Felix, the brightest mouse at the meeting raises his hand.

  最后,会议中最机灵的老鼠—菲利克斯举起了手。

  Theodore: What is it, Felix? Speak up!

  西奥多:你怎么想的,菲利克斯?快说出来!

  Felix: Well, uh… How about hanging a bell around Kitty’s neck? When we hear the bell, we can run away.

  费利克斯:是这样,嗯……咱们在凯蒂的脖子上挂一个铃铛怎么样?这样我们一听到铃声,就赶快逃跑。

  Theodore: That’s it!!! Why didn’t I think of that?

  西奥多:没错!我怎么就没想到呢?

  Lenny: You are a genius! Hurray for Felix!!!

  伦尼:你真是个天才啊!菲利克斯万岁!

  Mrs. Toby: Good job!!

  托比太太:好样的!

  Mr. Toby: Now we are all saved! Let’s celebrate!

  托比先生:这样我们大家就都可以保住性命了!我们来庆祝一下吧!

  Grandpa Willy: Wait a minute!

  威利爷爷:等一下!

  Theodore: What’s wrong, Grandpa Willy?

  西奥多:怎么了,威利爷爷?

  Grandpa Willy: The idea is wonderful, I agree. But I have just one question.

  威利爷爷:这点子的确很了不起,我同意。但是我还有一个问题。

  Lenny: What’s that, Grandpa Willy?

  伦尼:什么问题,威利爷爷?

  Grandpa Willy: WHO is going to hang the bell around Kitty?

  威利爷爷:谁去给凯蒂挂铃铛呢?

  The whole room suddenly becomes silent. After a while, Mr. Toby opens his mouth.

  房间里一下子变得非常安静。过了一会儿。托比先生开口了

  Mr. Toby: Well, uh… I would like to, but I am too old. So how about you, Buster? You are young and strong.

  托比先生:这样,嗯……我是很想去,可是我太老了。所以,你去怎么样,巴斯特?你又年轻又强壮。

  Buster: No, thank you. I am not that strong. Lenny would be better. He is slim and fast.

  巴斯特:不,谢谢。我可没那么强壮。还是伦尼比较合适。他这么苗条,身手又快。

  Lenny: I am not that fast. How about you, Felix? You are smart. And it was YOUR idea.

  伦尼:我的身手可没那么快!菲利克斯,你去怎么样?你很聪明,而且这是你出的主意。

  Felix: What?! Me?! No, thanks. I don’t want to be eaten. We better think of another plan.

  费利克斯:什么!?我!?不了,谢谢。我可不想被吃掉。那咱们最好还是想想别的办法吧。

  MORAL:A good plan is of no use if it is not carried out.

  寓意:如果无法实施,一个好的计划一点用处也没有。

  更多精彩内容 >> 新东方网英语频道 

  全国新东方英语课程搜索


(实习编辑:高奕飞)



猜你喜欢

  • 听力
  • 口语
  • 阅读
  • 娱乐
  • 词汇
  • 写作

            版权及免责声明

            凡本网注明"稿件来源:新东方"的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件,版权均属新东方教育科技集团(含本网和新东方网) 所有,任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他任何方式复制、发表。已经本网协议授权的媒体、网站,在下载使用时必须注明"稿件来源:新东方",违者本网将依法追究法律责任。

            本网未注明"稿件来源:新东方"的文/图等稿件均为转载稿,本网转载仅基于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味着赞同转载稿的观点或证实其内容的真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人从本网下载使用,必须保留本网注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。如擅自篡改为"稿件来源:新东方",本网将依法追究法律责任。

            如本网转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者见稿后在两周内速来电与新东方网联系,电话:010-60908555。

            热搜关键词