新东方网>英语>英语学习>少儿英语>英语故事>正文

儿童英语故事短文:老狮子的故事

2016-01-07 15:23

来源:网络

作者:

 新东方英语课程

  The old Lion 老狮子

  The Lion used to be the king of beasts. But now he is old and weak. He feels sorry for himself.

  从前有只狮子,他曾经是百兽之王。可是现在却又老又弱。他觉得自己很可怜。

  Lion: I used to be so young. I used to be so strong. My roar used to be so big. But now… I am old and weak. My roar is small. I can’t run. I can’t hunt. Poor me!

  狮子:想当年我多么年轻,多么强壮。我的吼声曾经震耳欲聋,可是现在…我又老又弱,我的吼声也没有了威力。我不能跑,也抓不住猎物。唉,我真可怜啊。

  The Lion is very sad and worried.

  狮子非常难过,忧心忡忡。

  Lion: I’m hungry. But now how can I get some food? I must think of a way fast. Let me think.

  狮子:我好饿。可是我怎样才能得到食物呢?我得赶快想个办法。让我想想。

  The Lion thinks and thinks. Finally, he comes up with an idea.

  狮子想啊想啊。终于,他想出了一个主意。

  Lion: Hey, wait. I still have my sharp teeth and claws. I can use them. Once an animal comes into my cave, I can catch it. Yes, that’s it! I’ll say I’m very sick. Then all of the animals will come to visit me. Once they come into my cave, I will eat them all. What a clever idea! Why didn’t I think of this before? Ha, ha, ha.

  狮子:嘿,等一等。我的爪子和牙齿依然锋利。我可以用它们啊。一旦有动物来到我的洞穴里,我就可以抓住它。对,就这么办!我不妨说我病得很重,这样所有的动物都会来探望我。一旦他们走进我的洞穴,我就把他们全吃掉。多么聪明的点子啊!为什么以前我就没想到呢?哈哈哈…

  The other animals hear that the Lion is very sick. They are all very worried.

  其他的动物听说狮子病得很重,都很担心。

  Deer: Did you hear about the Lion?

  鹿:你听说狮子的事了吗?

  Goat: No, I didn’t. Is anything wrong?

  山羊:没有啊,他怎么啦?

  Deer: Well, I heard that he is very sick. He might die soon.

  鹿:听说他病得很重。可能就快要死了。

  Goat: that’s too bad. He used to be so strong and healthy. Let’s visit him before he dies.

  山羊:那太不幸了。他曾经是那么强壮、那么健康。在他死之前我们去探望他吧!

  Deer: Sure.

  鹿:好吧。

  The Deer and the Goat visit the Lion in the cave. They never come out.

  鹿和山羊去洞穴里探望狮子。但是他们却再也没有出来。

  Rabbit: Did you hear the news, squirrel?

  兔子:你听说了吗?松鼠?

  Squirrel: What news?

  松鼠:什么事?

  Rabbit: The Lion is very sick. He is dying, I think.

  兔子:狮子病得很严重,我想,他快要死了。

  Squirrel: Poor Lion. What can we do?

  松鼠:可怜的狮子,我们能为他做什么呢?

  Rabbit: How about visiting him and cheering him up?

  兔子:咱们去探望他、鼓励他好吗?

  Squirrel: Do you think that’s a good idea? What if he eats us up? I’m a little afraid.

  松鼠:你真的这么想吗?万一他把我们吃了怎么办?我有点儿害怕。

  Rabbit: Me too. But he is very sick. He will be too weak to catch us.

  兔子:我也有点儿害怕。可是他病得很重。他很虚弱,抓不到我们的。

  Squirrel: You’re right. Let’s go together.

  松鼠:你说的对,咱们一块儿去吧!

  Rabbit: Great! Meet me in front of the Lion’s cave. At noon, tomorrow, okay? Don’t be late.

  兔子:太好了!咱俩约好在狮子的洞穴前见面。明天中午,好吗?别迟到了。

  Squirrel: I’ll be there. See you then.

  松鼠:我一定去。不见不散。

  The Rabbit and the Squirrel meet at noon the next day. They are a little afraid to go inside the cave.

  第二天中午,兔子和松鼠在约定的地点碰面。他们战战兢兢地走进洞穴。

  Rabbit: Let’s go inside.

  兔子:我们进去吧。

  Squirrel: Okay. You go in first.

  松鼠:好,你先进。

  Rabbit: No, you first.

  兔子:不,你先进。

  Squirrel: Let’s go in together.

  松鼠:我们一起进去吧。

  Rabbit: Fine. But let’s not stay too long.

  兔子:好。不过别呆太久。

  The two go inside the cave.

  他们走进了洞穴深处。

  Lion: Oh, thank you for coming.

  狮子:哦,谢谢你们来看我。

  Rabbit: How are you, sir?

  兔子:你身体还好吗?狮子先生。

  Squirrel: Are you okay?

  松鼠:你没事吧?

  Lion: It’s nothing. I’m just old.

  狮子:没什么,我只是太老了。

  But then the Lion suddenly stands up and shows his teeth and claws.

  可是,就在这个时候,狮子突然站了起来,露出了他的牙齿和爪子。

  Lion: Grr… Grr… I may be old, but I can still catch you!!!

  狮子:嗷…我可能是老了些,可是我还是能抓到你们。

  Rabbit/

  Squirrel: We were tricked! 兔子/

  松鼠:我们上当了!

  Rabbit: Let’s get out!

  兔子:我们快逃吧!

  Lion: It’s too late. You are trapped. Ha! Ha! Ha!

  狮子:太晚了。你们跑不了了。哈哈…

  The Lion eats up the Rabbit and the Squirrel.

  狮子吃掉了兔子和松鼠。

  Lion: Yum. Yum. That was delicious. I wonder who will be next?

  狮子:嗯,真好吃。不知道下一个来送死的会是谁?

  The Lion eats up all of the animals like this one by one.

  就这样,狮子一只一只地几乎吃掉了所有动物。

  Lion: All of the animals came here except for the Fox. Why isn’t the Fox coming? I’m getting hungry again. Hmm… Shh… I hear something.

  狮子:除了狐狸,所有的动物都来了。为什么狐狸没有来呢?我又饿了。嗯…嘘…我听到什么声音。

  Fox: Mr. Lion, are you in there?

  狐狸:狮子先生,您在里面吗?

  Lion: Finally. It’s the Fox. (murmur) Yes, I’m in here, Fox. Come in.

  狮子:狐狸终于还是来了(喃喃自语) 是我,我在这儿。狐狸,请进吧。

  Fox: How are you feeling today?

  狐狸:你今天感觉怎么样?

  Lion: I’m feeling much better. But why aren’t you coming in? Please come in. I wish to see you.

  狮子:感觉好多了。可是你为什么不进来呢?请进来吧。我非常想见你。

  Fox: I would like to, sir. But it’s too crowded in there.

  狐狸:我也想进去,先生。可是里面太挤了吧!

  Lion: What do you mean? There is no one in here but myself.

  狮子:你这是什么意思?这里面除了我,没有其他人啊。

  Fox: Really? I don’t understand. There are many footprints going into your cave. But there are none coming out. Where are all of the other animals?

  狐狸:真的吗?那我就不懂了。这洞穴口有这么多动物进去时留下的脚印,可是却没有一个走出来的脚印。其他所有的动物都在哪儿呢?

  Lion: Give me some time. I can explain. That’s because…Uh…

  狮子:这…给我一点点时间。我会向你解释的。那是因为…嗯…

  Fox: That’s okay. I’ll come back again later. Take care. Bye.

  狐狸:没关系。我晚点再来。好好保重。再见。

  Lion: Wait! Listen to me! Come back!

  狮子:等一等!听我解释!回来!

  The Fox goes home without turning his back.

  狐狸头也不回的回家去了。

  Fox: Pooh. You can’t trick me, Lion. I am much smarter than you.

  狐狸:哼,你骗不了我的,狮子。我可比你聪明多了。

  MORAL Always keep your eyes wide open.

  寓意:始终睁大自己的眼睛。

  更多精彩内容 >> 新东方网英语频道 

  全国新东方英语课程搜索


(实习编辑:高奕飞)



版权及免责声明

凡本网注明"稿件来源:新东方"的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件,版权均属新东方教育科技集团(含本网和新东方网) 所有,任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他任何方式复制、发表。已经本网协议授权的媒体、网站,在下载使用时必须注明"稿件来源:新东方",违者本网将依法追究法律责任。

本网未注明"稿件来源:新东方"的文/图等稿件均为转载稿,本网转载仅基于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味着赞同转载稿的观点或证实其内容的真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人从本网下载使用,必须保留本网注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。如擅自篡改为"稿件来源:新东方",本网将依法追究法律责任。

如本网转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者见稿后在两周内速来电与新东方网联系,电话:010-60908555。

热搜关键词