新东方网>英语>英语学习>少儿英语>英语故事>正文

儿童英语故事短文:蚱蜢与蚂蚁

2016-01-07 15:03

来源:网络

作者:

 新东方英语课程

  The Grasshopper and the Ants 蚱蜢与蚂蚁

  It is summer. The sun is shining brightly. It is very hot. The Grasshopper is lying under the shade and drinking a cold glass of lemonade. The Ants are busy doing something.. 夏天里,阳光普照,天气非常炎热。蚱蜢躺在阴凉处,喝着一杯清凉的柠檬水。蚂蚁正忙着做事。

  Grasshopper: Jeez! What a hot day! I am so hot and thirsty. Mmm.This lemonade is so sweet and cold. I love the summer.

  蚱蜢:天啊!好热的天气啊!我又热又渴的。嗯。。。这柠檬水又甜又清凉。我喜欢夏天。

  Ants: One, two!

  蚂蚁:一、二!

  Anta: Let’s work!

  蚂蚁:我们工作吧!

  Ants: Three, four!

  蚂蚁:三、四!

  Ants: All day!

  蚂蚁:从早到晚!

  Grasshopper: Look at those Ants. What are they doing? Why are they working so hard? It is too hot to work today. They must be crazy.

  蚱蜢:看这些蚂蚁。他们在干什么?他们干嘛这么努力工作呀?今天太热,不适合工作。他们一定是疯了。

  Queen: Come on! Work faster!

  蚁后:加油!快一点! The Ants are busy gathering food. All of the Ants are sweating. 蚂蚁们正在忙着收集食物。所有的蚂蚁都在流汗。

  Grasshopper: Oh, my, my! Look at those silly Worker Ants! They are likes slaves. Look at them sweat! Terrible!

  蚱蜢:哦,我的天啊!看看那些笨工蚁!他们好像奴隶一样。看看他们流汗的样子!真可怕!

  The Queen Ant tells the Worker Ants to work harder.

  蚁后要工蚁们更努力地工作。

  Queen: We don’t have much time. Hurry up! We have to gather more food!

  蚁后:我们没有多少时间了。赶快!我们要收集更多的食物。

  Ants: Yes, ma’am!

  蚂蚁:是的,夫人!

  Grasshopper: Gather food? No time? What does the Queen Ant mean? There is lots of food here. How silly!

  蚱蜢:收集食物?没有时间?那个蚁后是什么意思?这里有那么多食物。笨死了!

  The Grasshopper doesn’t understand why the Ants are working so hard. But, he becomes a little curious. He calls the Queen Ant to talk. 蚱蜢不了解,为什么蚂蚁们要如此努力地工作。可是他觉得很好奇。于是他去找蚁后。

  Grasshopper: Hello there, Queen Ant! Can I ask you a question?

  蚱蜢:嗨,蚁后!我可以问你一个问题吗?

  Queen: What is it? I am very busy.

  蚁后:什么问题?我很忙。

  Grasshopper: It is very hot today. Come under the shade and rest for a while.

  蚱蜢:今天很热。到阴凉处来休息一会吧。

  Queen: I don’t have time to rest. Please ask your question.

  蚁后:我没有时间休息。请问问题吧。

  Grasshopper: Okay. Why are you gathering food?

  蚱蜢:好的,你们为什么要收集食物呢?

  Queen: It will be winter soon. We must be prepared.

  蚁后:冬天快到了。我们必须要有所准备。

  Grasshopper: The winter?! You must be kidding! It is July. Winter is far away. There is lots of food everywhere. Stop working. Come sing and dance with me.

  蚱蜢:冬天?你在开玩笑吧!现在是7月,冬天还早着呢!到处都与一大堆食物。别工作了。跟我一起唱歌跳舞吧!

  Queen: There is no time to sing and play. Winter will come soon, I say. You should also gather some food. Or else, you will starve in the winter.

  蚁后:我没有时间唱歌玩耍。我说冬天快来了,你也应该收集一些食物。否则,在冬天你会饿死的。

  Grasshopper: No, thank you. You keep working. I’ll keeps singing and dancing in the shade.

  蚱蜢:不了,谢谢你。你继续工作。我继续在阴凉处唱歌和跳舞。

  Queen: Do as you please. But don’t come to me for food later.

  蚁后:随便你。不过以后可别来找我要食物。

  Grasshopper: Don’t worry, I won’t. There is lots of food.

  蚱蜢:别担心,我不会的。这里有很多食物。 The Queen Ant and the Worker Ants continue to work. 蚁后和工蚁们继续工作。

  Grasshopper: Poor Ants! They have no fun. I will sing alone.

  蚱蜢:可怜的蚂蚁们!他们没有生活乐趣。我要一个人唱歌。 The Grasshopper sings his favorite song. 蚱蜢唱起来自己最喜欢的歌。

  Grasshopper: “It’s summer. Let’s have some fun. Let’s sing and dance all day long. La, la-la, la, la. La, la-la, la, la What a great song!

  蚱蜢:夏天到,让我们一起玩乐。让我们整天唱歌跳舞。啦、啦、啦。。。、啦、啦。。。、啦、啦。。。真是一首好歌。

  The Grasshopper continues to sing and dance all summer long. He does not gather any food. Soon autumn comes and weather gets colder each day. The fields turn yellow and the leaves fall. The Grasshopper wakes up one autumn morning with a cold. 蚱蜢不停地唱歌和跳舞,整个夏天。他没有收集任何事物。很快秋天来了,而且天气一天比一天变冷了。原野变黄,树叶开始飘落。蚱蜢醒了,那是一个秋天的早晨,他着凉了。

  Grasshopper: Achoo! It is cold this morning. It is much colder than yesterday. Where are all the leaves? Is it already autumn?

  蚱蜢:哈啾,今天早晨真冷。今天比昨天冷多了。树叶都到哪里去了?已经是秋天了吗?

  The Grasshopper looks around the field. He suddenly realizes that summer is over, but he doesn’t worry too much.

  蚱蜢看看原野四处,他骤然发现夏天已经结束。可是他却不怎么担心。

  Grasshopper: It is a little cold. But it’s not too bad. And there is still enough food. I shall sing a little more.

  蚱蜢:天气是有点冷了,但还不是很糟。而且还有足够的食物。我应该再来唱些歌。

  Grasshopper: La, la-la, la-la, la, la. La, la-la, la-la, la, la.

  蚱蜢:啦、啦、啦。。。、啦、啦。。。、啦、啦。。。 The Grasshopper continues to sing and dance all through the autumn. The fields are now covered with snow, and the wind is very cold. There is nothing to eat. It is winter. 蚱蜢仍然继续唱歌跳舞,整个秋天。现在原野已经被白雪覆盖。吹来的风是那么的寒冷。已经没有东西可以吃了。冬天到了。

  Grasshopper: I’m very cold. I hate the cold weather. I hate the winter.

  蚱蜢:我很冷。我讨厌冷天气。我讨厌冬天。 The Grasshopper looks around for food in the cold. He is freezing and starving to death, but he can’t find any food. 寒冷中,蚱蜢四处寻找食物。他冷得要死又饿得要命。但他却又找不到任何食物。

  Grasshopper: Where is all the food? I am so hungry and cold.

  蚱蜢:食物都到哪里去了?我又饿又冷。 The Grasshopper is about to fall to the ground when suddenly he thinks of the Queen Ant and Worker Ants. 蚱蜢几乎就要倒地的时候,突然想起了蚁后和那些工蚁们。

  Grasshopper: I wonder what the Ants are doing. They must have lots of food. Perhaps, they might help me.

  蚱蜢:不知道蚂蚁们在干什么。他们一定有很多食物。或许,他们可以帮我。

  The Grasshopper finds the Queen Ant’s house. He hears singing and dancing coming out from the inside. He knocks at the door. 蚱蜢找到了蚁后的家。他听到唱歌和跳舞的声音正从里面传出来。他敲了敲门。

  Queen: I wonder who it is.

  蚁后:不知道是谁啊!

  The Queen Ant opens the door and is very surprised.

  蚁后开了门,她非常惊讶。

  Queen: Mr. Grasshopper! What brings you here? And why are you so pale?

  蚁后:蚱蜢先生!什么风把你吹来了?你为什么这么苍白?

  Grasshopper: I haven’t eaten for five days.

  蚱蜢:我已经五天没有吃东西了。

  Queen: Why not? Didn’t you gather any food during the summer?

  蚁后:为什么?你在夏天没有储存任何食物吗?

  Grasshopper: No, I didn’t. I was too busy singing and dancing.

  蚱蜢:唉,我没有。我忙着唱歌跳舞呢。

  Queen: Too bad. What do you want?

  蚁后:那太糟糕了。你有什么事吗?

  Grasshopper: Can I have something to eat, please?

  蚱蜢:你可以给我点东西吃吗?拜托!

  Queen: Remember what I said, “Don’t come to me for food later…”

  蚁后:记得我说过的——以后不要来找我要食物。

  Grasshopper: Yes, I do. But I am so hungry. Please, give me a little bread.

  蚱蜢:是的,我记得。可是我很饿。。。拜托,请给我一点面包。

  Queen: Well, okay. Just wait here for a minute.

  蚁后:嗯,好吧。在这里等一下。

  The Queen Ant feels sorry for the Grasshopper and goes to the kitchen to get him some bread. But when she comes back, the Grasshopper and his guitar have already frozen like ice. 蚁后觉得蚱蜢很可怜。于是她走到厨房里帮她拿了一些面包。可是当她回来时,蚱蜢和他的吉他已经结冻城冰了。

  Queen: Poor Mr. Grasshopper! Why don’t you sing and dance now?

  蚁后:可怜的蚱蜢?你现在怎么不唱歌和跳舞了呢?

  MORAL Don’t be lazy. Always be prepared and diligent. Then you will always be happy.

  道理:不要懒惰。做好充分的准备和孜孜不倦的努力,才能获得幸福。

  更多精彩内容 >> 新东方网英语频道 

  全国新东方英语课程搜索


(实习编辑:高奕飞)



版权及免责声明

凡本网注明"稿件来源:新东方"的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件,版权均属新东方教育科技集团(含本网和新东方网) 所有,任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他任何方式复制、发表。已经本网协议授权的媒体、网站,在下载使用时必须注明"稿件来源:新东方",违者本网将依法追究法律责任。

本网未注明"稿件来源:新东方"的文/图等稿件均为转载稿,本网转载仅基于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味着赞同转载稿的观点或证实其内容的真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人从本网下载使用,必须保留本网注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。如擅自篡改为"稿件来源:新东方",本网将依法追究法律责任。

如本网转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者见稿后在两周内速来电与新东方网联系,电话:010-60908555。

热搜关键词