新东方网>英语>英语学习>职场英语>职场百科>正文

9条朴实的职场建议 踏踏实实得重用

2015-12-22 14:04

来源:网络

作者:

 

  Want to get noticed at work for all the good reasons and not the bad ones? This will help you achieve your career goals and feel recognised for your hard work.

  你想在职场中他人的关注吗,而且是因为正面的理由而非负面的原因引起的?下面的9个小步骤,能够帮助你实现自己的职业目标,还能因此引起他人的注意。

  1. Pay attention to your personal appearance.

  1. 从拾掇自己的形象开始。

  Even if you work in a mechanic's garage or other job where cleanliness is hard to maintain, people still notice the way you look after yourself.

  即使你的工作场所是机械师的车库,或其他难以保持干净整洁的地方,人们仍然会留意你的外表。

  2. Don't keep on just stocking your work, do it quality-wise and appropriately.

  2. 保质保量地完成工作,「随便应付」要不得。

  3. Be timely with your projects or work schedule.

  3. 做项目也好,日常工作安排也好,务必准时。

  If you are the person who always finishes a job ahead of schedule, your supervisors and customers (if applicable) will appreciate your efforts.

  如果你总能提前完成自己的工作,你的上司和顾客(若可以)就会很欣赏你的努力。

  4. Look for ways to improve the task you are doing.

  4. 即使目前工作状态很好,也要努力找寻更好的工作方式。

  Some employers have suggestion boxes, and some even offer bonuses for suggestions that make a task more efficient or profitable.

  有些雇主会设置意见箱,甚至有些还会为提供意见的同事给予额外的奖励,这样能使一项任务更高效,还能创造更多收益。

  5. Be helpful to your fellow workers.

  5. 乐于帮助同事。

  Lending a hand, helping out with good suggestions, or just listening to them when they need someone to sound off to will get their attention.

  帮助他人,提供好的建议,或只是在他们需要向他人倾诉的时候听取他们的需求,这样都能引起大家的注意。

  6. Be early, so supervisors or department heads will see you standing out from the crowd.

  6. 凡事尽量趁早,领导其实都看在眼里。

  These people often report early to set the day's agenda, and will notice you before the rest of the shift reports.

  这些上级领导常常早早地设定今天的工作任务,所以他们就会在其余的工作报告中对你留下印象。

  7. Stay late if it makes a difference in the success of a project you are working on.

  7. 如果事关重要,多留一会就多留一会吧。

  Staying late just to collect overtime, of course, will draw negative attention to you, and that is not the focus of this article.

  当然了,你要是为了多攒点加班费而多留一会,那只能带来负面效果。这个在这里就不多讨论了。

  8. Chip in when coworkers are raising money for charitable causes or for a fellow worker if you can afford to.

  8. 如果有慈善捐款,或者同事需要经济援助,可以的话就贡献自己的一份力量吧。

  Many workplaces take collections for the United Way, local charities, or employees who are having medical problems they need help paying for.

  许多公司为一些诸如United Way,当地的慈善机构,或一些身体有疾病的员工等需要经济援助的群体筹集资金。

  9. Be respectful but speak to supervisors when you have an opportunity to do so.

  9. 不卑不亢,能有机会和领导搭上话就别错过。

  This may happen at company functions, meetings, or even when you run into them out on the town.

  这有可能出现在公司的活动,会议,甚至是当你在小镇遇到他们的时候。

  Tips

  小提示

  Be as accurate and quality conscious as you are able, in everything you do.

  所有自己有份参与的项目,都应该尽自己所能保持精确性且有质量保证的。

  Synthesize and apply your experience, but don't become obsessed with it. Always maintain a proper balance.

  综合运用自己的个人经验,但不要过度沉迷于其中。要懂得保持在一个平衡的位置。

  Don't try to show off every five minutes.

  任何情况下都不要显摆。

  Warnings

  特别提醒

  Don't use too much cosmetic.

  不要化太浓的妆容。

  Don't be too outgoing or rude.

  别太过于张扬或粗鲁无礼。

  Use mildly scented deodorant-perfume; it should not be too strong.

  使用温和气味的香水;不能过于刺鼻浓烈。

  Don't get over-dressed.

  着装不能太夸张。

  更多精彩内容 >> 新东方网英语频道 

  全国新东方英语课程搜索


(实习编辑:高奕飞)



猜你喜欢

  • 听力
  • 口语
  • 阅读
  • 娱乐
  • 词汇
  • 写作

            版权及免责声明

            凡本网注明"稿件来源:新东方"的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件,版权均属新东方教育科技集团(含本网和新东方网) 所有,任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他任何方式复制、发表。已经本网协议授权的媒体、网站,在下载使用时必须注明"稿件来源:新东方",违者本网将依法追究法律责任。

            本网未注明"稿件来源:新东方"的文/图等稿件均为转载稿,本网转载仅基于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味着赞同转载稿的观点或证实其内容的真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人从本网下载使用,必须保留本网注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。如擅自篡改为"稿件来源:新东方",本网将依法追究法律责任。

            如本网转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者见稿后在两周内速来电与新东方网联系,电话:010-60908555。

            热搜关键词