新东方网>英语>英语学习>口语>实用口语>正文

趣味俚语猜猜猜:和动物有关的英语俚语

2015-04-08 11:26

来源:沪江

作者:

  A happy bunny

  快乐兔(对现状很满意)

  My husband has his beer, the football match on TV and complete control of the remote. He is one happy bunny.

  我老公喝着啤酒,看着电视上的足球比赛,手握遥控器。他简直就是个快乐兔。

  Busy bee

  勤劳的人

  Wow! You’ve done all the cleaning, the washing and ironing?! You have been a busy bee this morning.

  哇!你把所有的清洁,清洗和熨烫活儿都干了?!你今早真是个勤劳的小蜜蜂啊。

  A good egg

  好人,值得信赖的人

  I am so pleased that we hired Dylan to help us with the accounts. He works well and fast. He is a good egg.

  我很高兴雇佣了迪伦来帮我们搞财务账目。他工作又好又快。他真是个值得信赖的好人。

  To put all your eggs in one basket

  把所有的鸡蛋放在一个篮子里,孤注一掷

  When I worked in investment management, I always advised my clients against putting all their eggs in one basket. Instead, I recommended that they have a well-diversified portfolio of investments.

  当我做投资管理工作时,我从来都不建议客户将所有鸡蛋都放在一个篮子里。相反,我建议他们做划分好的投资组合。

  A spring in someone’s step

  步伐轻快

  Clear skies and a sunny day always give me a spring in my step.

  晴空万里、阳光普照总是会让我感觉步伐轻快,心情愉悦。

  The grass is (always) greener on the other side

  这山望着那山高;邻家芳草绿,隔岸风景好

  Although it is tempting to think so, the grass is not always greener on the other side.

  尽管人们很容易这么想,但事实并不总是邻家芳草绿,隔岸风景好。

  Black sheep

  害群之马,败家子

  It seems to me that most families have a black sheep somewhere.

  看起来似乎大多数家庭都会有一只害群之马。

  新东方热报课程:

(责任编辑:何莹莹)

版权及免责声明

凡本网注明"稿件来源:新东方"的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件,版权均属新东方教育科技集团(含本网和新东方网) 所有,任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他任何方式复制、发表。已经本网协议授权的媒体、网站,在下载使用时必须注明"稿件来源:新东方",违者本网将依法追究法律责任。

本网未注明"稿件来源:新东方"的文/图等稿件均为转载稿,本网转载仅基于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味着赞同转载稿的观点或证实其内容的真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人从本网下载使用,必须保留本网注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。如擅自篡改为"稿件来源:新东方",本网将依法追究法律责任。

如本网转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者见稿后在两周内速来电与新东方网联系,电话:010-60908555。

热搜关键词