新东方网>英语>英语学习>职场英语>职场百科>正文

职场英语:如何察言观色猜透老板的话中话

2015-01-30 12:03

来源:大耳朵英语

作者:

  YOUR BOSS SAYS: "Too edgy"

  老板说:太急躁了

  WHAT IT MEANS: Plainly put, you're not friendly enough. Managers don't see you as approachable, which may be hindering your career.

  背后含义是:老实说,你不够友善。经理们觉得你不容易靠近,这种看法或许会阻碍你的职业生涯。

  Quick fix: Smile more and make an effort at deskside chitchat.

  补救办法:多微笑,试着与别人多聊天。

  YOUR BOSS SAYS: "Lack impact"

  老板说:印象不深

  WHAT IT MEANS: Shyness (being passive in meetings, waiting to be asked questions) can be confused with indifference. As a result, others don't solicit your opinions.

  背后含义是:胆怯(在会议中不积极,等着被问问题)会让别人误认为冷漠。结果别人不会再征求你的看法。

  Quick fix: Swallow your anxieties and pipe up with ideas.

  补救办法:放下焦虑担心,说出自己的想法。

  YOUR BOSS SAYS: "Too emotional"

  老板说:太感情用事了

  WHAT IT MEANS: You gesticulate and raise your voice when championing ideas, which suggests you're not in control.

  背后含义是:当讨论观点时你手势过多还提高音量,会让别人认为自我控制力不够。

  Quick fix: Make more eye contact and use just one hand to reinforce your points - it's not as pushy.

  补救办法:有更多眼神交流,在强调观点时用一只手辅助即可——这样显得不是那么强势。

  YOUR BOSS SAYS: "Too laid-back"

  老板说:太松散了

  WHAT IT MEANS: You may not be dressing professionally, are overly familiar with colleagues, or don't convey a sense of urgency about work.

  背后含义是:你可能穿的不职业化、和同事混的太熟、没有传达出对工作的紧张和重视。

  Quick fix: Step up your game with a new suit, quit schmoozing, and walk with purpose.

  补救办法:穿新的职业装继续工作进程、不再闲谈、明确目标。

  YOUR BOSS SAYS: "Too risky"

  老板说:太冒险了

  WHAT IT MEANS: Your idea of innovation may not align with your company's vision. Your big ideas may be unworkable.

  背后含义是:你创新的想法可能与公司目标不一致。你惊天动地的想法或许行不通。

  Quick fix: Watch the office all-star and what elements of her pitches perk the boss's ears.

  补救办法:观察办公室红人的做事方法,以及老板会采纳她哪些方面的建议。

  YOUR BOSS SAYS: "Need to be more assertive"

  老板说:要更独断

  WHAT IT MEANS: Your voice is not projecting confidence - you speak too softly, engage in baby talk, or end every statement with a question mark.

  背后含义是:你的声音听起来并不自信——说话没底气,有无关紧要的话,或者每个观点都以问句结尾。

  Quick fix: Raise your voice, enunciate, and stop doubting yourself.

  补救办法:提高音量、清晰表达、别再怀疑自己。

  更多精彩内容 >> 新东方网英语频道 

  全国新东方英语课程搜索


(责任编辑:何莹莹)



猜你喜欢

  • 听力
  • 口语
  • 阅读
  • 娱乐
  • 词汇
  • 写作

            版权及免责声明

            凡本网注明"稿件来源:新东方"的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件,版权均属新东方教育科技集团(含本网和新东方网) 所有,任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他任何方式复制、发表。已经本网协议授权的媒体、网站,在下载使用时必须注明"稿件来源:新东方",违者本网将依法追究法律责任。

            本网未注明"稿件来源:新东方"的文/图等稿件均为转载稿,本网转载仅基于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味着赞同转载稿的观点或证实其内容的真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人从本网下载使用,必须保留本网注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。如擅自篡改为"稿件来源:新东方",本网将依法追究法律责任。

            如本网转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者见稿后在两周内速来电与新东方网联系,电话:010-60908555。

            热搜关键词