新东方网>英语>英语学习>口语>实用口语>正文

25个关于爱情的地道习语

2017-04-24 11:07

来源:沪江

作者:

  地道是学习语言的不变追求,本文整理了25个关于爱情的地道习语,希望对大家有所帮助。

  1.FALL IN LOVE WITH SOMEBODY

  1.坠入爱河

  start feeling love towards somebody

  对某人产生感情

  I think I’m falling in love with my best friend. What should I do?

  我好像喜欢上了自己的好朋友,怎么办?

  2. LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT

  2.一见钟情

  falling in love with somebody the first time you see them

  初次见面,便喜欢某人

  My wife and I met at a party. It was love at first sight.

  我和妻子在一次聚会上相识。我们一见钟情。

  3. BE AN ITEM

  3.确立恋爱关系

  two people are an item when they are having a romantic relationship

  两人交往时确立恋爱关系

  I didn’t know Chris and Sue was an item. They didn’t even look at each other at dinner.

  我一点也没发现克里斯和苏在一起了。他们两吃饭时从不看彼此。

  4. MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN

  4.天作之合

  a relationship in which the two people are great together, because they complement each other so well

  一段恋爱中,两人十分融洽,因为他们有了彼此才完整。

  Do you think Matt and Amanda will get married?

  -I hope they will. They’re a match made in heaven.

  你认为马特和阿曼达会结婚吗?

  -希望如此。他两简直是绝配。

  5. BE HEAD OVER HEELS (IN LOVE)

  5.死心塌地

  be in love with somebody very much

  深深陷入爱情

  Look at them. They’re head over heels in love with each other.

  看他们,爱的死心塌地,神魂颠倒。

  6. BE LOVEY-DOVEY

  6.卿卿我我

  expressing your love in public by constantly kissing and hugging

  在公众场合亲吻拥抱,卿卿我我。

  I don’t want to go out with Jenny and David. They’re so lovey-dovey, I just can’t stand it.

  我不想跟詹妮和大卫一起出去。他两总是卿卿我我,真让人受不了。

  7. HAVE THE HOTS FOR SOMEBODY

  7.为某人所倾倒

  finding somebody extremely attractive

  认为某人格外耀眼

  Nadine has the hots for the new apprentice. I wouldn’t be surprised if she asked him out.

  纳丁总是为新学徒所吸引。要是她约他出去,我一点也会不惊讶。

  8. PUPPY LOVE

  8.初恋

  short-term adolescent love

  少男少女之间的短暂爱情

  My son is only twelve, but he’s already in love. Isn’t it a bit too early?

  -Don’t worry, it’s only puppy love. It won’t last.

  我儿子虽然才十二岁,但已经开始恋爱了。会不会太早了?

  -别担心,初恋是短暂的。

  9. DOUBLE DATE

  9.四人约会

  two couples going out together on a date

  两对恋人一起约会

  I’m so glad you and Tom’s brother are an item. From now on we can go on double-dates.

  你能和汤姆的兄弟在一起真是太好了。现在我们可以一起约会了。

  10. ON THE ROCKS

  10.濒于破裂

  if there are problems in a relationship, we may say it’s on the rocks

  如果关系中出现问题,可以用濒于破裂形容

  I wonder if they will call off the wedding. Their relationship seems to be on the rocks.

  我觉得他们很难修成正果。毕竟二人之间的关系趋于破裂。

  11. LOVE RAT

  11.负心汉

  somebody who cheats on his/her partner

  某人有外遇

  Don’t even think about asking Jane out. How could you look your wife in the eye? Don’t be a love rat.

  不要妄想约珍出来。想想要怎么面对自己的妻子?别做负心汉。

  12. POP THE QUESTION

  12.求婚

  ask somebody to marry you

  向某人求婚

  So, did Ben pop the question last night?

  -No, he didn’t. He just took me out for dinner and that’s all.

  那么,班向你求婚了么?

  -没有,只是约我出去吃饭。

  13. TIE THE KNOT

  13.永结同心

  get married

  结婚

  When are you and Jenny going to tie the knot?

  -This year, but we haven’t set a date yet.

  打算跟詹妮什么时候结婚?

  -今年,但还没确定哪天。

  14. BLIND DATE

  14.相亲

  when two people who have never seen each other before go on a date

  从未见面的男女经第三者安排所作的约会

  My sister keeps organizing blind dates for me. She’d just love to fix me up with someone.

  姐姐总为我安排相亲。她总是喜欢给我安排对象。

  15. FIX SOMEBODY UP (WITH SOMEBODY)

  15.撮合某人

  find a romantic partner for somebody

  给某人介绍对象

  I’m not going to the party unless you promise me you won’t try to fix me up with another friend of yours.

  除非你许诺不会给我介绍对象,否则我不会参加聚会的。

  16. THOSE THREE LITTLE WORDS

  16.小小的三个字

  I love you

  我爱你

  I think he loves me, but he hasn’t said those three little words yet.

  我想他是爱我的,尽管他从未说过我爱你。

  17. WALK OUT ON SOMEBODY

  17.甩掉某人

  leave your partner and end the relationship

  离开伴侣,结束感情。

  You’re the second men to walk out on me. I won’t let it happen ever again.

  你是第二个离开我的男人,不会再有下次了。

  18. LEAVE SOMEBODY AT THE ALTAR

  18.悔婚

  decide not to marry somebody just before the wedding

  婚前逃婚

  I’ve just met my ex-boyfriend. I think I still have feelings for him.

  -But you’re about to get married to John. Are you going to leave him at the altar?

  刚见到了前男友,我对他仍有感情。

  -但你就要和约翰结婚了。你要悔婚么?

  19. BREAK UP/ SPLIT UP (WITH SOMEBODY)

  19.分手

  end the relationship

  结束感情

  Have you heard? Marian and Joseph have split up. I wonder what went wrong. They were so good together.

  听说了么?玛丽安和约瑟夫分手了。真想不通,他们曾经那么好。

  20. KISS AND MAKE UP

  20.和好

  make peace after an argument

  争执后重归于好

  Our relationship is like a roller-coaster ride. We fight nearly every day, but then we always kiss and make up.

  我们之间的感情,就像坐过山车。天天争吵,之后又和好。

  21. Madly in love

  21.热恋

  to be deeply or extremely in love with somebody

  深深爱上某人

  They are madly in love, they love and trust each other and will always be loyal to one another.

  他们深深相恋,相互爱护,相互信任,永远忠诚。

  22. Make love

  22.做爱

  to refer to sexual intercourse

  发生性关系

  They made love for the first time.

  他们第一次做爱。

  23. No love lost between

  23.相互厌恶

  there is a mutual animosity between two people

  彼此厌恶

  There is no love lost between the two colleagues, they have never liked each other.

  这两位同事彼此厌恶,毫无感情。

  24. For love nor money

  24.无论怎样也不

  this idiom means that a person won’t do something no matter what is offered to them

  该习语表示无论怎样也不会回心转意

  I won’t sell this house, it is my family home. It has been in the family for decades! I won’t sell it for love nor money, there is nothing that you can say or do that will change my mind.

  我不会卖掉这所房子,这里是我的家。已经存在了几十年!无论如何,不管你怎么说我也不会改变主意。

  25. Blinded by love

  25.爱昏了头

  when a person is so madly in love with somebody that they can’t see the persons faults or negative characteristics

  处于热恋中的人,看不到对方的缺点或不足

  She is so blinded by love that she can’t see him for who he truly is. He is not a good person, he is rude and disrespectful to everyone around him, including her.

  她简直是爱昏了头,压根没看到他的本来面目。他对周围的人粗鲁、傲慢,并非良人。

(编辑:何莹莹)

版权及免责声明

凡本网注明"稿件来源:新东方"的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件,版权均属新东方教育科技集团(含本网和新东方网) 所有,任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他任何方式复制、发表。已经本网协议授权的媒体、网站,在下载使用时必须注明"稿件来源:新东方",违者本网将依法追究法律责任。

本网未注明"稿件来源:新东方"的文/图等稿件均为转载稿,本网转载仅基于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味着赞同转载稿的观点或证实其内容的真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人从本网下载使用,必须保留本网注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。如擅自篡改为"稿件来源:新东方",本网将依法追究法律责任。

如本网转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者见稿后在两周内速来电与新东方网联系,电话:010-60908555。

热搜关键词