新东方网>英语>英语学习>口语>实用口语>正文

实用口语:成熟的标志 妈妈再也不用喊我穿秋裤啦!

2016-12-08 10:19

来源:沪江

作者:

  一股寒流从裤管中穿过,撩拨起根根汗毛,冬天已经到了!妈妈是不是已经给你穿上秋裤了?不在妈妈身边的孩子,有没有接到妈妈让你穿秋裤的通知?没穿秋裤就伫立在凛冽的东风里,是不是觉得生活又变得艰难了许多?来吧朋友,穿上你的裤(long johns),我们一起来做风的孩子~

  Qiuku are common in Northern China. Parents dress their children in layers of clothing and a variety of long underwear as soon as the temperature drops.

  秋裤在中国的北方很常见,当气温一下降的时候家长会给孩子们穿上好几层的衣服和长长的内衣。

  as soon as一…就,尽快

  Be sure to write to me as soon as you get there.

  你一到那里一定要写信给我。

  Call me back as soon as possible.

  请尽快给我回电。

  As soon as I entered, they stopped.

  我一进去,他们就停了下来。

  When you're young, you won't feel the effects of wearing too little. But with age, problems will begin surface.

  当你还年轻的时候,你感受不到因为穿少了而带来的影响。但是随着年龄的增长,各种问题就会开始表现出来了。

  with age随着年龄的增长

  The old man is shrunk with age.

  这老人因年老而瘦缩。

  With age, a man will grow wiser.

  随着年龄的增长,人会变得更明智。

  Wine and judgement are mature with age.

  酒老味醇,人老识深。

  The Chinese word for rheumatoid arthritis, "fengshi," literally translates to "wind wet.”

  中文里把类风湿性关节炎叫做“风湿”,字面翻成“wind wet”

  rheumatoid arthritis类风湿性关节炎

  可以简写为RA。

  Bad rheumatoid arthritis deforms limbs.

  严重的类风湿性关节炎会造成四肢变形。

  If you don't put long johns on, you will have rheumatoid arthritis.

  如果你不穿上秋裤,你就会得类风湿性关节炎。

  Some people are more predisposed to rheumatoid arthritis. If you are healthy, you can be less rigorousin following these guidelines. But if you're unhealthy at a young age, you're more at risk of developing arthritis in the future.

  有一部分人很容易得类风湿性关节炎。如果你很健康,你可以不必那么严格地去遵守这些指导。但如果你年纪轻轻就不健康,那将来你有很大的风险会发展出关节炎。

  predispose使易于患(某种病)

  Fatigue predispose to colds.

  疲劳易使人患感冒。

  at risk of冒……的风险

  An estimated seven million people are at risk of starvation.

  估计有700万人面临着饿死的危险。

  Your child is at risk of getting one of these infections while waiting for the next injection.

  你的孩子在等待下一次接种的时候,就会有感染这些传染病的危险。

  But not everyone residing in chilly areas immediately reaches for the long johns. In the West, protecting the torso, rather than the bottom limbs is seen as more important. Westerners ate more protein and drank more dairy than their Eastern counterparts. This has had an impact on their bodies. Perhaps it'sbecause of this, they don't have to wear qiuku.

  但不是每个居住在寒冷地区的人一冷就会去拿秋裤来穿。在西方,相较于下肢的保护,更重视对躯干的保暖。西方人比东方人会摄入更多的蛋白质,饮用更多的乳制品。这已经对他们的身体起到了影响。也许正因如此,他们不需要穿秋裤。

  reach for伸手拿东西

  There was no time for me to reach for my gun.

  我没有时间伸手拿枪。

  Next time you reach for that donut, think twice.

  下次你再伸手去拿甜甜圈时,还是先三思一下吧。

  That kid wants to reach for his mother’s medicine.

  那个孩子想要拿他妈妈的药。

  westerners and eastern counterparts西方人和东方人

  western指的是西方的,而-er是我们熟悉的代表“人”的后缀,所以westerner指的就是西方人。为了避免重复,东方人没有采用easterner的说法,而是用了counterpart来代表“与之相对的一方”,即eastern counterparts。

  have an impact on对……有影响,造成冲击

  Does it have an impact on your life.

  对于你的生活到底有多大影响?

  Your word has a great impact on me.

  你的话对我产生了重大影响。

  Q:既然穿秋裤有利于我们对关节的保护,为啥就算寒冷的雨水在腿上冷冷地拍,我们还是不喜欢穿秋裤呢?

  It’s not in vogue to wear long johns.

  穿秋裤一点也不潮。

  It makes me look like the aged.

  穿秋裤让我看起来像老人家。

  It will make my legs appear thick.

  穿秋裤会让我的腿显得很粗。

  I just like exposing my thighs.

  我就是想露出我的腿。

(编辑:何莹莹)

猜你喜欢

  • 听力
  • 口语
  • 阅读
  • 娱乐
  • 词汇
  • 写作

            版权及免责声明

            凡本网注明"稿件来源:新东方"的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件,版权均属新东方教育科技集团(含本网和新东方网) 所有,任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他任何方式复制、发表。已经本网协议授权的媒体、网站,在下载使用时必须注明"稿件来源:新东方",违者本网将依法追究法律责任。

            本网未注明"稿件来源:新东方"的文/图等稿件均为转载稿,本网转载仅基于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味着赞同转载稿的观点或证实其内容的真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人从本网下载使用,必须保留本网注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。如擅自篡改为"稿件来源:新东方",本网将依法追究法律责任。

            如本网转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者见稿后在两周内速来电与新东方网联系,电话:010-60908555。

            热搜关键词